MJ LCPA kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdupagne

Reaction score
Just picked up one of the kits from my local brew shop. The instructions are far from clear for the hops. The cascade says to steep in 2 cups of boiling water for 10 minutes then add to fermenter. But there are no clear instructions for the willamette. Do I do the same with this or is this for dry hopping?
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1456555557.405921.jpg

Not quite sure what the intention is but seeing it's a prehopped kit, I would boil 1L of water with about 100g of your spray malt.
Add all the hops, remove from the heat, let sit 5 mins and add to your mix.

Its a pre hopped beer kit. Add the hops dry on the fermenter, after fermentation is finished.

manticle said:
Not quite sure what the intention is but seeing it's a prehopped kit, I would boil 1L of water with about 100g of your spray malt.
Add all the hops, remove from the heat, let sit 5 mins and add to your mix.
i would agree with this. 30g of hops in total, i think you would be better off getting a little flavour into the wort rather than dry hopping. I prefer late hops to dry hops in beers these days. i think there is a a better correlation between flavour and aroma.

Put the brew down tonight. Decided to go with the dry hop method. I'll dry hop day 4 or 5 and see how it turns out

First taste of this beer after 3 weeks in the keg was extremely fruity. It has been another week and I can gladly say this has mellowed to a great tasting beer. Only downfall is under carbonated. I thought 140 grams of Dex would be fine but next time I will try 160 grams. Pours with a nice head but tastes flattish half way through.

Latest posts

Back