Mini regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taztiger

Reaction score
Hi folks

Has anyone purchased or know anything about these?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/810-GRAM-CO2-GAS-CYLINDER-BOTTLE-HOLDS-400g-FULL-MINI-REGULATOR-CO2-COMES-FULL-/261166526095?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3ccebcee8f&_uhb=1#ht_3427wt_689

I'm trying to sort some gear for a portable set up. I already have two soda stream bottles and an adapter but it is a pain in the butt taking my regulator off my keezer. I was also tossing up whether to buy the keg charger/tap package from Chi company just for convenience.

Cheers

Taz

Keep your soda stream bottles and adapter and just buy the regulator.

I purchased one over a year ago and it is fine

Thanks mate

I might go with just the regulator then. Might even buy another soda stream bottle. I have a supermarket down the road that must have their prices wrong. I can buy one of the the 600 size bottles for $19 full. I thought they'd wake up after I bought the first one so tried for 2nd with same result. Bonus!!

How much are the soda stream bottles normally? I went to Coles and the chick said they were about $20. Maybe they have the price wrong too.

Truman said:
How much are the soda stream bottles normally? I went to Coles and the chick said they were about $20. Maybe they have the price wrong too.
I saw something like $48 in Harvey Norman and was for the smaller bottle. I think the $19 must be the refill price

taztiger said:
Hi folks

Has anyone purchased or know anything about these?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/810-GRAM-CO2-GAS-CYLINDER-BOTTLE-HOLDS-400g-FULL-MINI-REGULATOR-CO2-COMES-FULL-/261166526095?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3ccebcee8f&_uhb=1#ht_3427wt_689

I'm trying to sort some gear for a portable set up. I already have two soda stream bottles and an adapter but it is a pain in the butt taking my regulator off my keezer. I was also tossing up whether to buy the keg charger/tap package from Chi company just for convenience.

Cheers

Taz

I use this exact setup on my portable keg system. It is fine and works well.
Happy with it.

That little bottle can dispense 5 full 19l kegs apparrently.

Cheers,
D80

+ 1 on the little reg, I put an elbow, valve and push in fitting on mine to suit my portable setup and it works sweet.
One thing I have noticed, the pressure can creep up a bit from where you set it, like it takes a bit to equalise or something. Just set it about halfway to your desired pressure and leave it for a few minutes then tweak it up a tiny bit, leave it, tweak etc until it's right. A little bit of pissing about but once its right it stays where you set it.
May just be my one that does this but somethin to keep an eye on, and if you start pouring foam for no apparent reason ( like I did ) check the gauge for starters.
And prepare to be the envy of everyone at the BBQ...

At the moment k-mart sell a pack of two full 60L (400 grams C02) bottles for $50 on special. A single full bottle normally retails for $50. Refills are $19.

Those bottles in the OP's link are also 400 grams. The only difference is a shut-off valve and Aus standard thread for a regulator.

hmm, how are people finding these for long term reliability?

I am pondering the idea of using these regulators as a down-stream regulator in my beer fridge. So set the gas bottle pressure at highest required pressure and then use the mini-regs to set required pressure at the keg. So different pressure at keg for ESB, ale, hef at the keg.

Sorry about the resurrection but couldn't find any other thread on these regs.

HI Angus,

I've got 3 ganged together to do just what you mentioned.

IMAG0073.jpg

Works a treat now, but I did have a few initial problems attaching them together.
TBH if I were to do it again I'd probably just spend the extra $100 and get one of these instead http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-Regulator-Wall-Panel-Home-Brew-/281134721822?pt=AU_Barware&hash=item4174ef6b1e&_uhb=1

timmyf said:
HI Angus,

I've got 3 ganged together to do just what you mentioned.

attachicon.gif
IMAG0073.jpg

Works a treat now, but I did have a few initial problems attaching them together.
TBH if I were to do it again I'd probably just spend the extra $100 and get one of these instead http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-Regulator-Wall-Panel-Home-Brew-/281134721822?pt=AU_Barware&hash=item4174ef6b1e&_uhb=1

That looks sweet! I better start saving before I get my saison out of the cube :) :beerbang:

So it regulates the pressure ok Wigarus?
I was looking at puting one of these on a 9 litre cornelius.
What volume of beer will a 16gram cartridge dispense?

Latest posts

Back