Mini Keg Bulk Buy MKIV

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,
I'm struggling a bit making some decisions, so am after some advice from those with mini keg experience (as i have zero).

[edit] submitted somehow before typing the actual questions :)

A ) is the flow through a brumby too fast, and will i end up with too much head.
B ) has anyone used a brumby with the bar type beer out, rather than a disconnect? I hear they have flow restriction. Do these types fix the problem with A?

Thanks in advance
Alan

will depend on your serving pressure and line length..

its all about the balance, if you can pour with the tap directly attached, you can pour with anything.

I tap pour for ciders, RIS I run through line and a sparkler, both different levels of carb.. piss easy man

@a3k

a fair number of mini keg combo owners from versions 1 to 3 of this bulk buy are ordering more. Might suggest you have nothing to worry about.

My experience is limited, but I have a 5l combo with brumby tap and loving it. Ordering another to have a choice of beers in a portable set up. I fill from a keg once properly carbonated and use CO2 bulbs to dispense. No excess foam so far.

Blind Dog said:
a fair number of mini keg combo owners from versions 1 to 3 of this bulk buy
:lol: ... yeah.. kinda spiraled a bit dinnit? :lol:

who dont love shiny blingin beer shit :super:

Yob said:
:lol: ... yeah.. kinda spiraled a bit dinnit? :lol:

who dont love shiny blingin beer shit :super:
Probably the best catalyst for this is the service from ATHB. He has totally given the community the buyer confidence in the product. Now others are circling in to provide stock, it can quickly become a pricing competition.

But Mark from ATHB has, in my view, been the best provider of consumer confidence and warranty / issue support that we've seen and has enabled the market.

Buyers, please keep that in mind when you choose the supplier of your minikegs.

I agree completely..

when all this began, there werent as many options/competitors in this space and Mark (ATHB) has been outstanding in his approach to servicing our ever increasing demand..

his attention to follow up service is extremely commendable and I'll say right here, I will put a link to his store on my own site for naught, respected trader for sure.

'tilts hat'

A3k said:
Hi all,
I'm struggling a bit making some decisions, so am after some advice from those with mini keg experience (as i have zero).

A ) is the flow through a brumby too fast, and will i end up with too much head.
B ) has anyone used a brumby with the bar type beer out, rather than a disconnect? I hear they have flow restriction. Do these types fix the problem with A?

Thanks in advance
Alan
Got my combo from BeerKat yesterday arvo and tested it out. The Brumby tap was fine through the crossbar spear. The main downside was that once it's tapped you can't remove the tap for transport without releasing the pressure and changing the lid. BeerKat are getting in some ball lock posts and apparently the crossbar can be unscrewed and a ball lock added. That will make it easy to remove the tap.

It also came with a spare adapter which I believe is for soda stream gas, spare o-rings, spare beer line and a handful of CO2 bulbs. Haven't tried the jacket as it was just in the fridge.

A3k said:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance
Alan
A) like yob said depends on the pressure, if you get the pressure right, the brumby taps dont have a problem.

B )i have used the disconnect head more than the bar head, I might of been doing something wrong but I found it better to just find the sweet spot on the regulator and not use the flow restrictor, it slowed my pour down too much and cause foaming if i tried to up the pressure,

mstrelan said:
It also came with a spare adapter which I believe is for soda stream gas.
the regulator normally come with a 2 adapters one already fitted to the reg which the 16gram bulbs fit, and then a spare adaptor that fits 72gram bulb.
its Beerkats combo so i might be wrong but the soda stream adaptor is normally a separate accessory.

Tell you what'd be damn useful as part of bulk buy -_- -_-

k123-a-3-16-barbed-swivel-nut.jpg

Quick question,

Do the Intertap/ perlick taps come with the MFL adapter and washer? Or are these items to be purchased separately? Just need to make sure that I can hook the tap straight onto the MFL disconnect.

It is the last day and you are the last participant mate.... In fact, the PM system has been maxed out and I physically cannot invite anyone else now...

Pretty cool achievement.

This is my first time getting involved with bulk buys on here. I'm after a mini keg but I can find what the details of the offer are, or have I missed it?

FarsideOfCrazy said:
Quick question,

Do the Intertap/ perlick taps come with the MFL adapter and washer? Or are these items to be purchased separately? Just need to make sure that I can hook the tap straight onto the MFL disconnect.
I believe the latest was that the spear comes with the adapter, and maybe the Brumby does too, but no indication that the Intertap or Perlicks do. Would be great to confirm if it can be purchased separately.

Latest posts

Back