Mini-heine Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

als_world

Reaction score
Picked up one of the "limited edition" Heineken mini-kegs at the local bottle-o this afternoon. Naturally, I was determined to find out the most important thing that all beer-drinking, home-brewing folks want to know - HOW CAN I RE-USE THIS AS A PARTY KEG ???

heine1.jpg

Anyway, it's got a single outlet on top, sort out similar to a pressure pack can. You can insert and remove the tappy thing and it reseals with hardly any leakage (see pic 2 and 3). I think it's refill potential is unfortunately quite low, but once it's emptied I'll play around a bit and see what I can do. The pressure as packaged seems quite low, so they probably work out how much to give it to just dispense the contents and no more. It's supposed to be ok for 30 days after opening.

The only downside is that I'll have to somehow get rid of the 5L of amber fluid it contains.

Cheers,

Alan.

Attachments

• heine2.jpg
    heine2.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 14
  • heine3.jpg
    heine3.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 10
Also just noticed that it's the imported stuff, not the local LN produced.

als_world, How much do these go for?

cliffo

ok..thats a reasonable price. What bottle shop did you get it from...might go see if my local has them in stock yet.

cliffo

They just arrived in Perth. Slightly different logo on the keg and they mention the dreaded "Lion"... still cost ~$37 @ liquorland

lLease let us know how you go with your efforts to "recycle" it.

i cut one up to turn into a grain hopper a while ago. They wont be very easy to fill and there is no way to re-used the CO2 canister inside it, unless you cut it up and really know your stuff with gas bottles (which i dont). it is a simple gas canister with a pressure release cap.

Latest posts

Back