Millmaster Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is that why there are no hoppers available at the moment then ross or are you just out of stock?

Just out of stock - will have back in early next week.

cheers Ross

cheers ross. might be ordering shortly

any pics of this mate if possible?
well at least the mashmaster version

Drool. :icon_drool2:
I think I have read this thread 100 times and yet to get a good mill.
My little "mincer"/ corn mill is tearing my Barley and causing me grief.

With a good crush or "shop crushed" I get 75%-85% efficiencies fly sparging.
Now I get 65-75 depending on how well the sparge goes and I cant really fly sparge all the way.
I also have to be super duper diligent to avoid chill haze.
I want to brew Pilsner again but not likely to be able to get good result because my mash will neither float or filter bed will not settle.

I am ranting as I am trying to convince myself spending $269 + postage. :rolleyes:

i am about to read it gain just to convinve my self hehehe

Hi PB,

I've spoken to Frank at mashmaster & this problem is being addressed. :)

cheers Ross
Thanks Ross,

Thats good....Obviously this would be for future purchasers.

Do you know if past purchasers will be supplied with a bolt on guard of some description to finish off the product with a professional look??

Cheers,

PB :)

Anyone else notice the SS version of the mill has appeared on sponsor sits just recently?

Can anyone perhaps elaborate as to why they are $500 on CB but $369 on MM?

Thanks Ross,

Thats good....Obviously this would be for future purchasers.

Do you know if past purchasers will be supplied with a bolt on guard of some description to finish off the product with a professional look??

Cheers,

PB :)

Sorry, no idea PB, & Frank is away overseas at the moment.

cheers Ross

Anyone else notice the SS version of the mill has appeared on sponsor sits just recently?

Can anyone perhaps elaborate as to why they are $500 on CB but $369 on MM?

might explain why i've not sold any Stainless ones!!! I'll have to check in the morning, but guessing I've made a pricing error.

cheers Ross

might explain why i've not sold any Stainless ones!!! I'll have to check in the morning, but guessing I've made a pricing error.

cheers Ross

One of you has lol. Lets hope it was you, so I'm not kicking myself when Frank bumps his up to $500 ;)

Will you be putting your order in sammus,once corrected?

Just got the millmaster,had a motor but finding a pulley off the shelf was a pain in the arse.Kept looking and found a place with 12mm bore and 4mm key.Well the MM key needs light work for a fit,as I'm sure many who hand crank have found as well.

Overall a great mill,cons:the slack key way.

So is key 3 or 4mm be nice if spec sheet was included

Probably not straight away. Woulda got it from mashmaster if I was that keen to jump on the bandwagon. I think when (no ifs) I do get a mill, that will be it though.

I'm assembling a Millmaster for Ross at the moment and am having trouble sourcing a pulley with a 12mm center, they all seem to be 1/2". Has anyone got their Millmaster set up with an electric motor with belt and pulleys?

cheers

Browndog

I'm assembling a Millmaster for Ross at the moment and am having trouble sourcing a pulley with a 12mm center, they all seem to be 1/2". Has anyone got their Millmaster set up with an electric motor with belt and pulleys?

cheers

Browndog

You can get blank ones Tony,just need a lathe to bore it out.

Batz

The perspex gear guarsds went in the post Monday picked up six o clock in the evening by the truck

pumpy :)

G'day Pumpy,

did you end up posting a template for the gear guard, I have a millmaster on its way as I type.

Cheers DK

Dont forget the 'Gear guard'

Pumpy ;)

Wouldnt dream of forgetting the gear guard Pumpy but any chance of a template or dimensions of your gear guard?

My Mill is in the mail somewhere between Brisy and Melb, on its second run, thanks Australia Post.

I thought the new hoppers had a gear guard built in?

Anyone know how new the hoppers have to be to have one that protects the gears as its meant to? I noticed there is 'clearance stock' on mashmaster website, but wasn't sure if they are also older non gear covering ones...

You can easily shield the grain from dropping straight into the gears, but the problem comes when the grain bounces along the top of the rollers into the gears. It only takes one or two pieces of grain to get in there, and it makes things very difficult to crank.

My recommendation is to make a shield that sits across the top of the rollers and stops grain bouncing into the gears.

Something like this:

3297684261_30f505ae03_b.jpg

Back