Millmaster Gear Guard Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sully

mmmmmm...... BEEEER
Reaction score
Off the back of another thread, there are a few members who are frothing at the mouth about the "flawed design" of the Mashmaster Mill and lack of gear guard. I have this particular mill, knowing and accepting of this flaw when I bought it, and have spent a bit on getting set up right the first time so I am willing to part with a few extra $$ to get it running spot on without temporary solutions. The way I see it its a lifetime investment so $18.00 in the overall scheme is nothing.

Before the thread goes into pros and cons about this particular mill, Mashmaster should be supplying it, I made it for this much etc etc, this is a here and now solution for the members who haven't got either the equipment, contacts, time or skills available to them to make it or want to upgrade the piece of cardboard or plastic that is sitting there at the moment. If you can make something yourself for less, kudos to you, but for $18.00 I cant be stuffed really and honestly I dont have the time to buggerise around either. Im sure there is members that share my sentiments as well.

I'm using a professional sheet metal service to cut and bend these up. The Guard will be LASER CUT from 0.9mm 304 grade Stainless Steel that will fit under the hopper bolted down on both sides. In other words it will look a professional bit of kit. To get it for $18.00 per part I need a minimum of 10 of each (almost $27ea for less than 10).In the other thread I had a feeder pictured as well but opted away from that (personally) as if you have the mashmaster hopper its not really required. It can get it made for the same cost as the guard if there is any interest. I have got quotes from 5 services and the came within the same ballpark figure, this was the cheapest and I'm not making anything on the deal. Shipping is at Aus Post rates in a bag and should get away with a 500g bag at $5.70.

Cheers Sully.

PS: I have made this up out of cardboard to make sure all clearances are ok and it works fine.

Gear_Guard_3D.jpg

I'd be up for one. How close is it to the rollers? Wouldnt you need different ones for different gap settings? Or to the tolerances not need to be that tight?

I'd be up for one. How close is it to the rollers? Wouldnt you need different ones for different gap settings? Or to the tolerances not need to be that tight?

The cutouts are about 1.5mm larger than the diameter of the rollers. I put the "prototype" on and adjusted every which way I could and there is no fouling.

Cheers

Sully

Awesome, consider me confirmed.

1. Sully (? or do you already have one)
2. Sammus

for the members who haven't got either the equipment, contacts, time or skills available

you left out "or are just too lazy", which I'm.

1. Sully (? or do you already have one)
2. Sammus
3. Glaab

ashame its not for the monster mill otherwise id be in.

1. Sully
2. Sammus
3. Glaab
4. Thommo
5. snooze
6. canon1ball
7. Cortez The Killer
8. grantw

my piece of cardboard grows floppier by the day

1. Sully
2. Sammus
3. Glaab
4. Thommo
5. snooze
6. canon1ball
7. Cortez The Killer
8. grantw
9. LexP

1. Sully
2. Sammus
3. Glaab
4. Thommo
5. snooze
6. canon1ball
7. Cortez The Killer
8. grantw
9. LexP
10. Brewer Pete

1. Sully
2. Sammus
3. Glaab
4. Thommo
5. snooze
6. canon1ball
7. Cortez The Killer
8. grantw
9. LexP
10. Brewer Pete
11. cliffo

my piece of cardboard grows floppier by the day

Well Iv'e never heard of it called a 'peice of cardboard' but whatever floats your boat, BTW you can get pills to fix now days. :lol:

Farside.

Back