Mikkeller Bangkok - Anyone been here?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xander

Reaction score
So, next weekend is my Brothers Buck's party in Bangkok - Most people who hear that immediately mention the hangover...

Anyway, in doing some homework on Bangkok as I've never been before, I found this Bar which opened not too long ago. Just wondering if anyone has been there, or had friends go there? if so - how was it?

They seem to have a good range of beers, which I have not seen in Aus (other than some of the 8 wired beers)

Any suggestions of must try beers would be appreciated, as well as other craft beer places.

When I return, I'll update this thread with some photo's etc.

Cheers

I'd hoped to visit there on my last visit to Bangkok, but it's a little bit out of the way and my missus wasn't interested, so I didn't end up going (because it was my honeymoon I wasn't game to ditch SWMBO and head there on my own).

From all the feedback I've read the place is awesome.

Hey Xander, I've been to Mikeller BKK. It's a nice place, great range on tap.
It's pretty easy to get to as well, just get the BTS down Sukhumvit Rd to Ekkamai station, then get a motorbike taxi down Soi 63.
Craft beer is really taking off in Thailand, it's nice to see.

For a more authentic Thai local craft beer joint, go to Chit Beer on the river. Take a long boat to get to them.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chit-Beer/459686087419065

Due to Thai liquor laws, it's nearly impossible to open a small craft brewery.
So these guys are running semi illegally, but somehow they're getting away with it as it's pretty open.
There's quite a few other illegal craft breweries and bars, but they're pretty underground.
So unless you know BKK, speak thai or have thai mates, probably not worth the bother.

There's plenty of other import craft beer bars around Thonglor/Ekkamai area too!

Latest posts

Back