Mercurio's Menu

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith the Beer Guy

Reaction score
G'day all,

I just wanted to put in a plug for Paul Mercurio's, Mercs Own on this forum, new TV series called "Mercurio's Menu."

I had the pleasure of meeting Paul when he started filming the series and dropped in to sample a pint or two (or three or...?) along the way. It was genuinely a pleasure and what I enjoyed most was discovering that Paul has a genuine passion for beer, and I'm sure that passion will come through in the series.

If you are into the whole lifestyle program genre, or focused on food, or simply want to support an AHB'er then I am sure this series will be worth watching.

It premiers this weekend around the country, at different times and days depending on where you live. In my neck of the woods it's 5.30pm Sunday on Prime (just before a channel change to watch the cricket).

Cheers,

Keith

Looks like 5:30pm on Prime in Southern NSW, so I guess ch 7 at same time in Sydney.

Snail and yabbie pie?

For Brisbane viewers, it looks like it's Sunday 4:30pm on 7 HD only.

I feel a little sorry for those without HD. Broadcasters should be using HD as a reason to show shows at a higher quality, not to choose which viewers get to see which programs.

4:30pm Sunday on 7HD in Brisbane. Not on regular station as far as I can see.

beat me to it

will it be on lifestyle for foxtel?

I don't know if it is too late, but all those without HD who would like to see it, it might be worth contacting 7 and asking them to move it off HD to normal TV, and maybe reference this thread.

I thought something like this should be on the normal 7 as HD is usually for movies?

Anyway, Linky to 7 official site suggest not. Apparently a show about NZ cops is more important.... :rolleyes: that and a bunch of bogans watching cars go around a track......

Cheers
DrSmurto
Check the timetable for 7 on that link you sent and I got the city wrong. Sorry.

C&B
TDA

Edit: cause sometimes I am a goose.

it might be worth contacting 7 and asking them to move it off HD to normal TV, and maybe reference this thread.
and maybe get them to put Simpsons on the rest of the time :rolleyes:

A entire day of Simpsons reruns or some bogans watching a bunch of cars take over a city instead of racing on an actual track. I'm with you Tangent.

Back on topic, i think my partners old man has a digi box so might have to ask him to record it for me!

15 posts (none i have read) and it hasn't even aired yet, yikes what's going to happen when peple have actually seen it?

For all those without a digital box get with the times and stop holding the rest of us with one to ransom.

Analogue tv was meant to be switched of a couple of years ago. By people being tight and not adopting digital technology means that we still dont get multiview features and extra channels as promised in 2001 when digital began.

Its only been recently that seven and ten have started broadcasting an extra channel.

If everyone had adopted digital earlier then bogans like me could be watching the clipsal 500 with multiview channels all weekend, and all of you that are bitching about it would have more channels to watch.

It is my understanding that commercial channels are not allowed to broadcast more than one channel. Only SD and HD (and all HD content was SUPPOSED to be broadcast in SD. Doesn't seem to be).

Only SBS and ABC are supposed to have two channels.

But that depends on how much you trust what you read on the internet, and how old it is. ;)

For all those without a digital box get with the times and stop holding the rest of us with one to ransom.

Analogue tv was meant to be switched of a couple of years ago. By people being tight and not adopting digital technology means that we still dont get multiview features and extra channels as promised in 2001 when digital began.

Its only been recently that seven and ten have started broadcasting an extra channel.

If everyone had adopted digital earlier then bogans like me could be watching the clipsal 500 with multiview channels all weekend, and all of you that are bitching about it would have more channels to watch.

Firstly the multichanneling was held back because of objections be Foxtel- the government wrote into the legislation that the extra features couldn't be started until 2007. Also: we have an SD box because what's the point of a HD box on an SDTV?

My understanding was the multichanelsing was delayed because of the slow take up rate of digital tv.

15 posts (none i have read) and it hasn't even aired yet, yikes what's going to happen when peple have actually seen it?

I agree Rob, but I'm over cooking shows, every second show these days seems to be on cooking.

Rook

Back