Melbourne Monstermill Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Melbourne

1) losp
2) mxd
3) WarmBeer
4) seemax
5) herbo - standard MM2 (would prefer to buy hopper, base and crank handle as well)
6) bjay
7) husky - Consider it an EOI if postage comes out alright
8) zebba
9) Shimple

Adelaide (if included)

1) Boots (MM3 with base and hopper)

Melbourne

1) losp
2) mxd
3) WarmBeer
4) seemax
5) herbo - standard MM2 (would prefer to buy hopper, base and crank handle as well)
6) bjay
7) husky - Consider it an EOI if postage comes out alright
8) zebba
9) Shimple
10) BCP (and hopper as well)

Adelaide (if included)

1) Boots (MM3 with base and hopper)

Hi Guys,

there doesn't appear to be a bulk buy, available, but we could save some $$ on shipping if we go the 1.5" mill in pairs.

I am in Mulgrave, so if there is someone near me I will order 2 x 1.5" mills and we can split the diff.

an extract from the email.

===========================

'll be happy to combine shipments to save you on postage, but I'm really not that keen on any more bulk purchases w/discounts at this time.
If you knew how thin my margins were, you would wonder why I even bother to run the business. I don't want to sound like an ass (Monster is a second job)

If you're ordering just mills, I can combine up to one MM-3, and one MM-2 to the same address for shipping of $45. If you want a hopper with any 1.5" mill, it's one hopper, and one mill per box at $57. If you want to combine a large order of hoppers, and bases, I can combine those to save you some $$. 2" mills and hoppers have to each go in their own box, and I can ship those for $102, ($45 for the mill, and $57 for the hopper)

Please understand that I really appreciate your business, and that I know you have a great community of home brewers. I love to help folks out with great prices, and bulk buys etc....but I also need to make some $$. I can't afford to work for free.

================================================

Check PM.

Hi Guys,

there doesn't appear to be a bulk buy, available, but we could save some $ on shipping if we go the 1.5" mill in pairs.

I am in Mulgrave, so if there is someone near me I will order 2 x 1.5" mills and we can split the diff.

let me get this right:
2 x basic MM2 $47
1 x hopper + 1 x mm2 $57
is this correct?

I would be looking for the MM2 + bass/hopper + drive shaft
Anyone else want the same?

Do you guys think this is a fair deal??? or should we try perhaps a barley crusher bulk buy or something similar?

Hi Guys,

there doesn't appear to be a bulk buy, available, but we could save some $$ on shipping if we go the 1.5" mill in pairs.

an extract from the email.

===========================

'll be happy to combine shipments to save you on postage, but I'm really not that keen on any more bulk purchases w/discounts at this time.
If you knew how thin my margins were, you would wonder why I even bother to run the business. I don't want to sound like an ass (Monster is a second job)

If you're ordering just mills, I can combine up to one MM-3, and one MM-2 to the same address for shipping of $45. If you want a hopper with any 1.5" mill, it's one hopper, and one mill per box at $57. If you want to combine a large order of hoppers, and bases, I can combine those to save you some $$. 2" mills and hoppers have to each go in their own box, and I can ship those for $102, ($45 for the mill, and $57 for the hopper)

Please understand that I really appreciate your business, and that I know you have a great community of home brewers. I love to help folks out with great prices, and bulk buys etc....but I also need to make some $$. I can't afford to work for free.

================================================

let me get this right:
2 x basic MM2 $47
1 x hopper + 1 x mm2 $57
is this correct?
They're the shipping prices - the actual mill/hoppers not included in that price.

So 2xbasic MM2 + shipping = ($109 + $109 + $47) / 2 = $132US each
Hopper + base + mm2 + shipping = $109 + $57 = $166US

I'm still keen to go halvies in the shipping with someone for a straight MM2 if anyone is interested. Outer east Melb (Berwick).

Do you guys think this is a fair deal??? or should we try perhaps a barley crusher bulk buy or something similar?

I think it's a fair price, I was going to get one without the buy, I will go with Shimple, assuming he still wants to, and just get the 1.5" mill and split the 45 shipping.

N.B barley crusher quotes me 100 shipping.

cheers
Matt

Thanks guys for trying to get this of the ground as he says, he has to make some dollars out of it
Back to the drawing board hey
I might just make one although not much time at present
cheers
bjay

Thanks guys for trying to get this of the ground as he says, he has to make some dollars out of it
Back to the drawing board hey
I might just make one although not much time at present
cheers
bjay

With how strong our $ is compared to the USD, is a 10% discount really an issue on the RRP anyway? A lost discount of 10-15 bucks shouldn't be a deterrent. Besides, you are going to get years of use out of this well crafted mill and i can assure you, that extra 15 bucks you spent will be well forgotten once you start using this fine piece of equiptment! ;)

My thoughts exactly Fourstar.

So again... Anyone in or near Berwick (Vic) interested in going halvies on shipping for an MM2? It works out @ $132USD landed each...

So again... Anyone in or near Berwick (Vic) interested in going halvies on shipping for an MM2? It works out @ $132USD landed each...

I am in North Balwyn, if no one closer to either of us responds, I dont mind making the drive (first or second exit? :lol: ).
Do you think it is worth it to get the basic one and make the base/hopper and drive shaft yourself, or get it all from MonsterMill?

Cheers,
losp

I am in North Balwyn, if no one closer to either of us responds, I dont mind making the drive (first or second exit? :lol: ).
If you wanna drive it I've got no qualms, but I should point out that spending $15 on petrol to save $20 on postage isn't the most economical of reasonings! Still, I can toss a couple brews in to make the trip a little easier. :)

Do you think it is worth it to get the basic one and make the base/hopper and drive shaft yourself, or get it all from MonsterMill?
I was going to get my brother to work up a hopper for me. He's going to be one of the prime beneficiaries of this brewing caper so only fair he sends a little love back my way!

On the drive front, I was planning on just connecting my drill to it and driving it that way. If that didn't work, I know a SS fabricator who could sort me out with something. (I would have got him to do this, but I reckon it's cheaper to buy this then get him to do something bespoke for me).

Let me know anyway if you wanna go through with this. I'm not in any hurry just yet.

Zebba
I am interested in splitting postage not sure how many can they pack together for post
but i dont want to upset "losp" as he was in first,Maybe they can pack 3 together
I am in frankston so not far from berwick
cheers
bjay

Zebba
I am interested in splitting postage not sure how many can they pack together for post
but i dont want to upset "losp" as he was in first,Maybe they can pack 3 together
I am in frankston so not far from berwick
cheers
bjay
They'll only pack two to a box. And franga is still a good $15 petrol so I'd give the same advise I gave to losp and ask if it was worth $15 and 1hr+ of time to save $23 postage :)

I might start a list of people looking to split postage. If people want to go for a split, add your name/suburb and we can sort something out.

- zebba, Berwick (Vic)
- losp, Nth Balwyn (Vic)
- bjay, Frankston (Vic)

bjay contact bcp as he wants one too and lives in baxter - bit closer to frankghanistan than berwick. If they can only ship two mills in one package you might as well get it shipped closer to home.

They'll only pack two to a box. And franga is still a good $15 petrol so I'd give the same advise I gave to losp and ask if it was worth $15 and 1hr+ of time to save $23 postage :)

I might start a list of people looking to split postage. If people want to go for a split, add your name/suburb and we can sort something out.

- zebba, Berwick (Vic)
- losp, Nth Balwyn (Vic)
- bjay, Frankston (Vic)

Happy to be a courier between Berwick and the CBD if that helps people out. I'm in Berwick 2-3 days a week and in the CBD daily.

Happy to be a courier between Berwick and the CBD if that helps people out. I'm in Berwick 2-3 days a week and in the CBD daily.
Fair point that. I'm also in CBD so happy to do a lunchtime trade with someone (losp/bjay? if you're already in town, it beats driving to berwick).

bjay contact bcp as he wants one too and lives in baxter - bit closer to frankghanistan than berwick. If they can only ship two mills in one package you might as well get it shipped closer to home.

I have to get one as iam in the grain bulk buy so i have to do something
Thanks for that Komodo it might turn out good hey
bjay

Fair point that. I'm also in CBD so happy to do a lunchtime trade with someone (losp/bjay? if you're already in town, it beats driving to berwick).

I work in the city also, and would be happy to do this, I guess we just need an even number of people. I would feel guilty though about someone else doing the driving.
Losp

I work in the city also, and would be happy to do this, I guess we just need an even number of people. I would feel guilty though about someone else doing the driving.
Losp

I live around frankston and work as well in frankston so iam no good
thanks anyway
cheers
bjay

Latest posts

Back