Melbourne Grain Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

Probably with many people going to ANHC events over the next few days, things might be a bit quiet in this thread.

I am still looking for splits if anyone has requirements to do a grain split.

Thinking of a sub thread on here for Splits:

The_Duck - Dingemans Biscuit Malt in a 2 way, 3way or 4way split.

Any others people want to keep visible in the thread ?

Duck

Malt Characterisitcs table

Found this great chart just now, nicely organised and tells you what each malt does... might help someone.

PS: Duck, why don't you fill those in and put comments on the boxes... provisionally, at the top, the price filled in is manual corresponding to your confirmed order.

Anyone vaguely my direction who wouldn't mind giving a fella and his grain a lift (can make my own way there - it's home that's difficult)?

Will happily provide petrol money or a beer in exchange.

No major dramas if not - my brother lives round the corner and would undoubtedly help me out if need be but if someone is in my direction.....?

PM me.

Cheers

Ok, ppl must be on their way to recovery from ANHC. There are already a fair number either paid for or I've been informed that payment is otw. Good on you guys for being super efficient. Some more have confirmed orders without payment yet, still some time - no probs.

There are also some who expressed interest early on and some who even have numbers down but have NOT confirmed. Please do confirm. Still a fair number of days, it's just a wake up call. Duck is still looking for a split on biscuit malt.

Cheers.

PK

Currently have transport issues, will confirm if I can actually participate or not before the 10th.

No probs Murray, tell us if you need a bag or two held for you.

No probs Murray, tell us if you need a bag or two held for you.

Not that it probably makes much difference because it sounds like you're splitting at G&G, but I'm also in FTGY if you want to split anything else (specialties, crystals perhaps) that you dont need a whole sack of.

cheers,
Kieran

If I may, I'd like to put myself down for a sack each of Baird's Marris Otter and Golden Promise.

If anyone was thinking of grabbing some Carared, I'd be in that too, but a 0.25 of a sack would be plenty for me.

cheers,
Kieran

[edit --- I'll fill out the spreadsheet when I get time, tomorrow. cheers]

If I may, I'd like to put myself down for a sack each of Baird's Marris Otter and Golden Promise.

If anyone was thinking of grabbing some Carared, I'd be in that too, but a 0.25 of a sack would be plenty for me.

cheers,
Kieran

[edit --- I'll fill out the spreadsheet when I get time, tomorrow. cheers]

More than happy to split Carared with you Kieran.

A bunch more ppl have confirmed in the past 2 days so we're approaching 1 confirmed pallet. It's first confirmed first served, but I'll try to get a partial pallet if enough people confirm for the second pallet to be viable, so please don't leave it too late.

Would be posting details of who all have confirmed orders asap.

Interested in a bag of JW ale, maybe split some biscuit and split some Maris otter and or Munich.

Manticle, I could swing by Brunswick on the way home. I normally go via Alexandra parade to the eastern so it's not too far out of my way.

Interested in a bag of JW ale, maybe split some biscuit and split some Maris otter and or Munich.

Manticle, I could swing by Brunswick on the way home. I normally go via Alexandra parade to the eastern so it's not too far out of my way.

Cheers Siborg. I've had a couple of offers but which ever is the easiest for the driver is probably best. So far sounds like yours is the one - might depend on whether Husky picks up the bottles I have for him before then (he also offered but is less enroute than you).

Will work it out before the date.

I would beup for a 1/4 bag too boys if you can find another or else a 3 way split will work for me at a stretch.
If you need a 4th on the carared, I'd be in. If you guys want thirds, that's cool too.

Cheers Siborg. I've had a couple of offers but which ever is the easiest for the driver is probably best. So far sounds like yours is the one - might depend on whether Husky picks up the bottles I have for him before then (he also offered but is less enroute than you).

Will work it out before the date.

mate, I think I will pick the bottles up on the day and swing past your place with your grain. The whole 2 birds 1 stone thing. So pencil that in as a definate.

Righto.

Cheers for the responses everyone. I have my lift sorted.

Appreciate all the offers.

tried to update the spreadsheet, sent an email as well

thanks
Matt

OK.. going over to the spreadsheet and emails now to figure out who emailed me what! And if somebody PM'd me and hasn't heard back (I do try).... PLEASE email me at ahbbulkbuy AT pksaxena DOT com.

PS:- Went to G&G today, saw John and Mr Riggers. 2nd pallet would not be a problem but would be heaps better for the ppl on the second pallet if we at least reach the halfway mark on that. Just to justify the freight for it at the quoted malt cost.

46 Sacks of Malt confirmed and payment advice recieved (Even payment recieved for some - in green).

13 more bags listed but those people have not contacted to get payment details yet.

2 friends from uni need to be poked and abused to get htem to add their orders in. Slugs will get 2nd pallet treatment ;)

Just to confirm, if your $$ amount is marked green then your payment has been recieved by me. If blue, I've sent you bank details. If your name says "N" under it, then you have confirmed but not asked for bank details. If no letter/plain black number, I haven't personally heard form you yet.

Latest posts

Back