Melbourne - Grain Bulk Buy June 09

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sampled something that was very hoppy (very fresh, grassy type of hoppy that made me burp a touch too). I assume it's the same brew.

I like hops a bit more integrated myself but I was still pretty impressed with the brew rig and the shop in general (first time I've been in).

Yep well done chaps and good to meet you. What a highly efficient show. :)

BTW Did anybody sample the Randled Galaxy beer? My god I'm still burpin' hops. :blink:

Warren -

Yep well done Maple & all for the leg work on this.

Warren - I only had a snifter of said beer, and when I was about half way home and when I thought the flavour had finally left the palate, burp oh there its again!! Quite enjoyed the beer, it was my first taste of galaxy and anything 'randled'. I think I'll be working on both in the future

A big thanks to Maple for a well organised day.

Shame I couldn't hang around today to watch the demo and sample the beer

Happy brewing...

Andy

Thanks for organizing this Maple and well done, nice to meet you and cm2 today have to catch up for a beer at some stage fellas
cheers
Brett

it was an american APA hpped with NS, cascade and weillemette, then randelled with galexy. awsome stuff.

grain issue is all worked out with Don Mataeo. He's picking it up from my joint tomorrow.

Good to see all you blokes today and cheers again to Maple for organising it.

Well done Maple and thanks,

Good to have a beer (never tasted galaxy to my knowledge so the randall beer was great for me) with Wayne, John, Savlo, Paul and a couple of others.

We called into Bridge Rd Brewery in Beechworth on the way home for a beer or two and one of the best pizzas I've ever had.

The place was humming with the usual snow crowd either on their way up for the week or on their way home.

Interesting to see a table in a micro with four women, 30-35 years old, a full beer taster platter in front of each of them and smiles on their faces.

Every day should be like this.

Cheers,
smudge

Thanks Maple for organising and also a big ups to CM2 for helping on the day.

Like a well oiled machine.

Looks like you have earned a job for life.......... :p

:icon_cheers: Reg

What a great day! so many litres of beer to be produced from all that grain.

A big thanks to John, Chris, Nick and Sam for hosting and supplying the goods, and to CM2 for all the help.

With only one major stuff up, i think we can call this a successful day. Thanks guys.

Maple.

Top job in all the organising and especially on the day . Hope everyone is as happy with their grain as I am.

Great job Maple

Thanks Maple for organising the buy

Heres a couple of photo,s

What was left on the pallets when i got there
007-1.jpg

All the Bendigo boys grain
009-2.jpg

Kleiny

Thanks Maple for organising the buy

Heres a couple of photo,s

What was left on the pallets when i got there
007-1.jpg

All the Bendigo boys grain
009-2.jpg

Kleiny

Kleiny, any chance you might post those pix in bigger size?

Dave's got a copuple more of when there was more grain. he'll post them eventually i assume.

i beleive that was the figure G&G were telling us @ 1050 OG. It may have been 25,000L though.

its about 5000kg of grain. probably 25k rather than 250k

I heard it was a pretty spectacular sight with a row of pallets lined up! Keen to see more pics for sure.

Back