Melbourne - Grain Bulk Buy June 09

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was quite the sight... I got there first thing and helped split some of the pallets in the process of gathering my haul.

I am spewing that I didn't take a camera with me - should also have got a shot of the back of my car - 14 bags in the back of a small hatchback.

Always wondered what that car would look like lowered :D

Brendo

:lol: Poor, lonley Maple standing there praying for "no rain".

Warren -
yeah nfi where i was. prob in G&G sampling the randal beer or buying supplies.

there were stages where everyman and his dog turned up then periods of just nothing.

I wonder if the 2 blokes who never turned up to collect their grain have collected it yet?.

edit:
thats right brendo i remember seeing your little hatch pull out and laughed my head off.
Dave's pajero had 17 bags i think. and a couple of demijohns by the end.

It was quite the sight... I got there first thing and helped split some of the pallets in the process of gathering my haul.

I am spewing that I didn't take a camera with me - should also have got a shot of the back of my car - 14 bags in the back of a small hatchback.

Always wondered what that car would look like lowered :D

Brendo

My best was 14 sacks in a Camry from organising a previous buy... The trip along the Ring Rd. from Brooklyn to Pascoe Vale was fraught with danger. Particularly given the fact my back tyres were around 15lbs under their correct pressure. :lol:

Warren -

My best was 14 sacks in a Camry from organising a previous buy... The trip along the Ring Rd. from Brooklyn to Pascoe Vale was fraught with danger. Particularly given the fact my back tyres were around 15lbs under their correct pressure. :lol:

Warren -

I had upped the pressure in the tyres beforehand, so it wasn't too bad. Certainly noted the difference in acceleration and braking though!!

Yep that hatch back was lowered pimp style :lol:

Me and my mate had a good old laugh as it left and we showed up

good work brendo

I stopped off at Holgates on the way home, had a couple of very nice beers including their anniversary brown ale

Mate had the hopinator and didn't think much of it after the randalled beer at GG

1. yeah nfi where i was. prob in G&G sampling the randal beer or buying supplies.

2. there were stages where everyman and his dog turned up then periods of just nothing.

3. I wonder if the 2 blokes who never turned up to collect their grain have collected it yet?.

edit:
4. thats right brendo i remember seeing your little hatch pull out and laughed my head off.
5. Dave's pajero had 17 bags i think. and a couple of demijohns by the end.

1. Yes, and being the gentleman you are, grabed a take away for me
2. true that! but gave me time to get in a final few prayers to the rain gods to hold off (who knew that would pay off)
3. 1 had a PM waiting for me when I got home, gave him the details to touchbase with G&G directly, number 2 was sent a PM to advise the same
4. that was friggin hilarious, love ur work Brendo!
5. it's a Patrol guy, come-on...seriously...no dramas

As for the piccies, I think Brendo got in before I did with the camera:

IMG_6076.jpg
IMG_6078v2.jpg

I've exchanged the bag at G&G on the weekend now im ready to get stuck into some brewing!!! oh yeah!!

this weekend I'll be putting down a Dr Smurto Golden Ale (again) loved it too much need more..

Yep that hatch back was lowered pimp style :lol:

Me and my mate had a good old laugh as it left and we showed up

good work brendo

I stopped off at Holgates on the way home, had a couple of very nice beers including their anniversary brown ale

Mate had the hopinator and didn't think much of it after the randalled beer at GG

Always happy to provide entertainment - wherever possible :rolleyes:

I tried the brown ale up there a few weeks back... was pretty nice. ESB and Temptress off of the hand pumps is always a treat up there.

I think any hop driven beer would have struggled to keep up after that randall full of galaxy hops... it was a monster!!

brendo

Latest posts

Back