Melbourne Brewers August Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Melbourne Brewers meeting is on tomorrow night.

Starts at 7:30

The Brewers Den Warehouse,
Factory 11, 12 Edina Road,
Ferntree Gully 3156

enter the estate, make a left at the roundabout and its the last warehouse on the left hand side.

Newcomers welcome. Bring along a bottle of your finest and say hello!

Cheers.

:icon_cheers:

Yes, Melbourne Brewers meeting is on tomorrow night.

Starts at 7:30

The Brewers Den Warehouse,
Factory 11, 12 Edina Road,
Ferntree Gully 3156

enter the estate, make a left at the roundabout and its the last warehouse on the left hand side.

Newcomers welcome. Bring along a bottle of your finest and say hello!

Cheers.

:icon_cheers:

ta, fourstar . iknow where it is ,just wanted to make sure there wasn"t anythinng else on .Time to pay my dues again ,and sell my soul to the devil.. :party:

ta, fourstar . iknow where it is ,just wanted to make sure there wasn"t anythinng else on .Time to pay my dues again ,and sell my soul to the devil.. :party:

No worries, the address was for any newcomers. :p

See you all tonight. If i get off my arse i'll bring along a couple o bottles of my delicious cream ale. :icon_drool2:

Proud, so proud!

See you all tonight. If i get off my arse i'll bring along a couple o bottles of my delicious cream ale. :icon_drool2:

Proud, so proud!

Would love it if you could Fourstar... am thinking of brewing a cream ale in the next 2 weeks and need some inspiration.

Hey guys. I'll be coming along. Should have a bottle of LCBA clone to try... still a little young though.

I bought my kegerator with a dual font and have two brews going nicely to keg as soon as they're done, so I'll be seeking some advice from you keggers tonight. Probably gonna buy all the bits and pieces (and kegs) on Sat at the bulk buy

Hey guys. I'll be coming along. Should have a bottle of LCBA clone to try... still a little young though.

I bought my kegerator with a dual font and have two brews going nicely to keg as soon as they're done, so I'll be seeking some advice from you keggers tonight. Probably gonna buy all the bits and pieces (and kegs) on Sat at the bulk buy

Nice one Siborg... one piece of advice I will pass on, get yourself john guest fittings rather than traditional barbs - less hassle getting it all put together and really easy to break everything down for cleaning or to make quick modifications.

Also, make sure you get yourself a non-return valve for your gas line - cheap insurance against a beer filled regulator - particularly for a noob.

Brendo

Nice one Siborg... one piece of advice I will pass on, get yourself john guest fittings rather than traditional barbs - less hassle getting it all put together and really easy to break everything down for cleaning or to make quick modifications.

Also, make sure you get yourself a non-return valve for your gas line - cheap insurance against a beer filled regulator - particularly for a noob.

+1

Only just got my setup together about 3 weeks ago (probably a similar kegerator). Craftbrewer have been really good for JG fittings and Keg King do pretty good deals for Corny's (will chat to you tonight about it).

Will see you all there tonight...have two stubbies of the Swap AIPA to bring along, so will crack those during the night :)

Kee (kegking have some non-returns for $10) I would get 1 non return per gas line as I have done some silly things.

Gasing though beer out line, I had beer and even keg cleaner transfer between the different kegs :icon_vomit:

Another thing that I have done (and it seems very common) is over carbing the beer, line lengths etc.. Get the balancing spreadsheet and believe what it tells you.

I have tried "slow" carbing i.e. leave it at serving pressue and chilled but it seems to take forever to get carbonated. So now I do 36 hours at 350kpa (from room temp keg into fridge and on gas 36 hours later it's close enough to my carb level)

I'll bring an APA and ESB I have to get some "qualified" thoughts about them and what to change etc.. for Vic Brew.

Will see you all there tonight...have two stubbies of the Swap AIPA to bring along, so will crack those during the night :)
Nice one Leigh. I only put mine down on Saturday. Did you get the 1.080 one or the 1.060 one? I got 1.060.

I'm in too. No beer to share sadly.

All of it conditioning up for VicBrew. Should have a few things for the next meet.

See y'all there!

Hopper.

would love to try it! ;) after all, im the reason why manticle probabaly stuffed up the salt additions! :p

Back