Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Bonj,

Can you also please put me down for a Bonjuino when you get the kits together.

Cheers
Reg

Hi Bonj,

Can you also please put me down for a Bonjuino when you get the kits together.

Cheers
Reg
Done. You are 13 of 20

Bonj, can I please be #14 of 20, I owuld love to order one of you Bonjuino's.

Thankies

Hi guys got my controller from matho thursday and built it last night.
I'm just having trouble when the code gets verified.
these are the errors it comes back with.
I dont fully understand the language but it seems to be in the lcd library that the problem is
coming from.

[codebox]brauduino2.cpp: In function 'void stage_loop(int, float, float)':

brauduino2.pde:-1: error: call of overloaded 'write(int)' is ambiguous

C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\LiquidCrystal/LiquidCrystal.h:82: note: candidates are: virtual size_t LiquidCrystal::write(uint8_t)

C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:49: note: size_t Print::write(const char*)

brauduino2.cpp: In function 'void manual_mode()':

C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\LiquidCrystal/LiquidCrystal.h:82: note: candidates are: virtual size_t LiquidCrystal::write(uint8_t)

C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:49: note: size_t Print::write(const char*)

brauduino2.cpp: In function 'void loop()':

[/codebox]

I'm running Arduino 1.0.1 freshly installed this morning
any ideas?

hey whiteferret,

the brauduino2.pde code is old and worked on arduino 022 I have a newer code for arduino v1 its included in the zip in my sig as brauduino2.ino or HERE
all those errors are due the the deg c sign, in the 022 version of the arduino IDE you could just put

Code:
lcd.write(0);

but in version 1.0 you need to type cast 0 as an unsigned int to make it compile like this

Code:
lcd.write((uint8_t)0);

anyway use the newer code as there has been a few other changes

cheers steve

hey whiteferret,

the brauduino2.pde code is old and worked on arduino 022 I have a newer code for arduino v1 its included in the zip in my sig as brauduino2.ino or HERE
all those errors are due the the deg c sign, in the 022 version of the arduino IDE you could just put

Code:
lcd.write(0);

but in version 1.0 you need to type cast 0 as an unsigned int to make it compile like this

Code:
lcd.write((uint8_t)0);

cheers steve

What he said :p

I used the latest brauduino2.ino code from the github resource when I flashed the microcontrollers for all the bonjuinos. It's best to use that code because it contains some changes that affect the operation of the brewery.

hey whiteferret,

Code:
lcd.write(0);

Code:
lcd.write((uint8_t)0);

cheers steve

What he said :p

I used the latest brauduino2.ino code from the github resource when I flashed the microcontrollers for all the bonjuinos. It's best to use that code because it contains some changes that affect the operation of the brewery.

Thanks I've definately got something wrong with my arduino installation.
I was hoping to have a play on the Eleven controller hooked up to Matho's shield over the weekend.
Now I'll just have to be patient until Bonj's Bonjuino gets here. :super:

Bonj - got my Bonjuino today... Cheers!!!

hey Whiteferret,

I just installed arduino 1.0.1 on my XP system and the brauduino2.ino complied fine, what operating system are you using,as you said it must be something wrong with your install. I have an eleven board here and it works fine as well.

just to be sure here is the latest code

View attachment brauduino2.txt

just change the .txt to .ino

anyway hope you get it working

cheers steve

Big thanks to matho for sending out the latest round of kits. Mine arrive safe and sound last week. I will post when I put it all together but just wanted to say that you and bonj are complete legends!

Big thanks to matho for sending out the latest round of kits. Mine arrive safe and sound last week. I will post when I put it all together but just wanted to say that you and bonj are complete legends!

Good to hear that you got safely thanks for letting me know

cheers steve

Okay, so after processing the list of orders for this batch, I have 4 kits still available at the link in my signature below.

got my brauduino on monday, bonjuino came today with the SSR just awaiting the power supply out of hong kong now :)

Back