Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who said train buff? I work with the Six Sigma team. I am a plane buff.

Anyone else having issues with the Add Hops stage?
My controller doesn't want to Beep or notify me.

Note i am currently just testing with 1 minute mash steps, boil time of 5m, Hops at 4m, 3m, 2m.
(No temp sensor in, so it automatically reaches temp.)

hey adryargument,

I just tried my unit with those boil and hop times and it alerts me, so I'm just wondering where you got the program from, it might be an older version.

HERE is where I store the code, just download as a zip and load brauduino2.ino into the arduino

cheers steve

matho, any people pulled out of getting a kit? if not, could i grab the PCB? PM me when you have a chance and ill sort out the details.

Bonj, ill also grab a Bonjuino if i may. Are these available?
I've put you at number 11 out of 20. The PCBs are in transit now and all the other parts have already arrived so I will start making up the kits when they arrive.

the part I was waiting on has just arrived so the next lot of 10 is ready to go out.

hey jordy, I will know soon with the next lot of 10 going out if there is anymore ppl pull out, I have been thinking of getting the relay and the micromatch connector for all my PCB's because they are the most difficult parts to get, the rest of the parts can be got from jaycar or ebay, the only problem with that idea is it will push the price of postage up to $6.80 so in total the PCB, relay and connector delivered would be $15.

cheers steve

hey adryargument,

I just tried my unit with those boil and hop times and it alerts me, so I'm just wondering where you got the program from, it might be an older version.

HERE is where I store the code, just download as a zip and load brauduino2.ino into the arduino

cheers steve

Cheers will try it when i finish brewing.
I used the download from your signature - may need an update?

Cheers will try it when i finish brewing.
I used the download from your signature - may need an update?

nope I think I have worked it out, the problem is with the eeprom I have not written a value to position 49 which is used to count the hop additions. The problem is that position could be any value if it has not been written too and if it is higher than the number of hop additions then it won't alert the hop additions. At the end of the brewing process is where address 49 gets set back to 0 so maybe let it run until it says 'brewing finished' and then the hopadd address will be set to 0 and it should work as planned.
If not then I'll have to look into it further.

cheers
steve

Hey adryargument,

I just tried it with the eeprom not set and the first time in the boil the hop additions didn't happen but I let it go to the finish and tried it again and it worked as planned, so there should be no need to update the code. There has been a slight change to the code since I put it in the ZIP but it won't make much difference.

cheers steve

edit: I have just updated the zip linked in my sig

Just a quick update

Pm's have been sent out for kits 21 - 30

planning on kits 31 - 40 to be ready in about 2 weeks time

It looks like everyone who is waiting for a kit will get one as breakbeer is in position 40

cheers steve

Just a quick update

Pm's have been sent out for kits 21 - 30

planning on kits 31 - 40 to be ready in about 2 weeks time

It looks like everyone who is waiting for a kit will get one as breakbeer is in position 40

cheers steve

Just enquiring my position matho.

Brisfox.

cheers steve

bloody Legend!

edit: I'll pay up front if that helps, pm your details

Hey adryargument,

I just tried it with the eeprom not set and the first time in the boil the hop additions didn't happen but I let it go to the finish and tried it again and it worked as planned, so there should be no need to update the code. There has been a slight change to the code since I put it in the ZIP but it won't make much difference.

cheers steve

edit: I have just updated the zip linked in my sig

Cheers,
Made a tonne of changes to the code so i wasn't looking forward to redoing it all :)

I'm assuming the eeprom gets reset every now and then if updating?
Hops seemed to work the 2nd time i tried it, but failed thereafter - could of been due to the countless updates i was punching into it.
Tailoring it to fit my 3 vessel.

at line 713 there is this bit of code
Code:
  EEPROM.write(49,0);
if after the boil this isn't being performed then it won't work properly the next time around

hope this helps

cheers steve

Hey all, I am probably not looking properly but is there a instruction manual to construct the bonjuino ver. 2 at all?

Hey all, I am probably not looking properly but is there a instruction manual to construct the bonjuino ver. 2 at all?
There isn't a component by component manual, but hopefully you kept the papers from inside the packet because the list of components and the general instructions were on them. The list also tells you which resistors and capacitors are which, and they match with the silkscreening on the PCB. The general instructions tell you which way to orient the polarised components, and the rest you should be able to get by viewing the larger version of the first image in the bonjuino link in my sig below. Click on the large image for an even larger version.

Hopefully that will sort you out. :)

There isn't a component by component manual, but hopefully you kept the papers from inside the packet because the list of components and the general instructions were on them. The list also tells you which resistors and capacitors are which, and they match with the silkscreening on the PCB. The general instructions tell you which way to orient the polarised components, and the rest you should be able to get by viewing the larger version of the first image in the bonjuino link in my sig below. Click on the large image for an even larger version.

Hopefully that will sort you out. :)

Thanks bonj - that should see me right

Any news on the next batch of ten bonj?
The next batch of 10 is actually a batch of 20, and the PCBs are in transit. When they arrive, I will assemble the kits and PM a link to the purchase page.

You are number 3 of 20

Sweet!

Love it when plans come together!

Still can't find without getting fabricated 350mm malt tube, might have to go back to a single batch system yet

The next batch of 10 is actually a batch of 20, and the PCBs are in transit. When they arrive, I will assemble the kits and PM a link to the purchase page.

You are number 3 of 20

Hi Bonj,
Could you please put me down for a Bonjuino when you get the kits together.
Thanks Wayne

Back