Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,

I have a little problem or I don´t know what happens. I just update my system to this new version of ArdBir (ArdBir_2_6_70b7) and I try to do the most accurate config but without success (or close).

In resume, the only thing I don't get is when in the boil, if the pump doesn't work, the measured temp don't actualize very well and sometimes have a 5 to 10 degrees (Celsius) of difference.

Any tip?

PS: I tried different configs to PID (kp, kd, ki), windowset, calibration, outside, inside probe, etc. With Mathos original works with no problem.

Thanks,

Yes, the first attempt 0,00, then 1, 2, 3..until 5, but without success. And negative to, -1, -2...

Make sure you have pump set to on for the boil and the pump temp set high enough.

Lael, I do this, but in my system if in the boil phase I set the pump ON, it lost efficiency and the temperature it takes too long to reach.

Why don´t work?

Have you set up all the parameters for the unit? The eeprom locations are not the same between the versions and cross over. Might be worth doing an eeprom wipe (technically unnecessary) and then reflash ardbir. Set up all parameters and auto settings and then try again.

There is an example sketch in the arduino software.

This one?

/*
* EEPROM Clear
* Sets all of the bytes of the EEPROM to 0.
* This example code is in the public domain.

*/

#include <EEPROM.h>

void setup()
{
// write a 0 to all 512 bytes of the EEPROM
for (int i = 0; i < 512; i++)
EEPROM.write(i, 0);

// turn the LED on when we're done
digitalWrite(13, HIGH);
}

void loop()
{
}

the reset procedure of the EEPROM is not required, the I explained repeatedly. it writes the values ​​that are not valid, however, in reading. the only correct procedure is to configure the entire system. if you have problems post your entire configuration and try to understand the error function by these parameters.

Sorry Max, I know, but it eliminates a possibility of confusion.

with the reset procedure are written values ​​equal to 0 for each cell of the EEPROM. this value is valid if it is read in the single cell in a given mode. the procedure uses multiple modes of reading of the single cell or even of coupled cells in which the values ​​are divided exponentially to allow the recording of values ​​greater than 1 bit. do not need to reset and create even more confusion. ArdBir installed, configured ALL and then if there are any problems post your configuration and describe the problem

Almost finish my build, just waiting for the tempsensor. Tryed to start it up in manual but only got light signal on pump not on heat. I am running two heatelement 2200 w each, using two separate 220v but controlling the relay in parallell.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

No it show 4095,75 C so i proporably have to waiting until i get my temp sensor, to get it right. I can almost not wait to connect it to my brew setup. It is an old rebuildt washing machine, max capacity 75 liters. But i run it whit suction from bottom and flysparge the innertube is from an old water heater it works very good. I also use an Speidel Braumeister 50 l, so i am exited to see and compare it whit Mathos Controller

image.jpg

Looks cool! It won't work until you have a temp reading below the set point. It's a nice fail safe.

Back