Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MaxN68 said:
Avr is a collection of utility.
I don't have never used this for loading code in Arduino, is the first time I read of such the problem
I use Arduino IDE and don't have any problem
must have been an issue with the arduino UNO I was using, grabbed the spare one and all worked well

One question I do have a PID settings is, has any one thought of included autotune library as per this site http://brettbeauregard.com/blog/2012/01/arduino-pid-autotune-library/
I seem to struggle with what settings to go with

tateg said:
seem to get the following error when trying to update

avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x7800
0xe1 != 0xff
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

any ideas?

cheers tate

I have the same problem:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

tateg said:
must have been an issue with the arduino UNO I was using, grabbed the spare one and all worked well

One question I do have a PID settings is, has any one thought of included autotune library as per this site http://brettbeauregard.com/blog/2012/01/arduino-pid-autotune-library/
I seem to struggle with what settings to go with
I implemented this exact autotune library on my Mashturbator HERMS controller, and it's almost completely useless. You need to tune the autotune. It's actually easier to get tuning parameters by following any of the many guides out there on the internet. I used this one and had good results: PID without a PhD

MaxN68 said:
In addition to this I have noticed a considerable difference if you compile with different operating systems.

I tried to compile with Lubuntu and I got these results

Lubuntu vs Windows XP = 852bytes
OSX Windows XP vx = 48bytes

Trying to compile as I've explained this result: 29.806!!!
Hi Max,

1. Thanks, after removing credits we've managed to get 30662 bytes байт from 30720 maximum under Windows.

2. For sources 2.6.61k, PCBs and Italian/English manuals - why don't you put them all to GitHub?

3. I've completed Russian manual and will send it to you in several days, after finishing styling. Maybe you'll also upload it to GitHub?

4. Braudino PCBs archive in your signature does not contain circuit diagram. Maybe you'll put it to GitHub as well - to have a complete project there?

Hi

1) :)
2) GitHub accept only .txt format
3) I have a new version (2.6.62) and related manual. coming soon
4) I have to check, the web space where there is not my PCB and is managed directly by SavioTecnich. However, we have prepared a new version of the PCB without the pump relay on board

We're working to make sure that everything is easy to use.
We tested the hypothesis handle everything through the website to be able to collect the entire project in one space.

Solved, that I get for not reading my manual.
It was just changing the settings from Arduino.
Sorry.

Hello to all
In recent days I have had a hand in code, and I made some small corrections .
I have corrected the errors reported for the manual and I upgraded to these little novelty.
We got to try the new revision directly on baked and we only found a small display error also correct.
They are then able to free up more space in the version for display 16x2 coming to occupy 31620 (compiled with Win XP).
I also added the pinout of the new PCB ArdBir forthcoming.

But then where I live ( Senigallia) is a successful disaster.
We were hit by a sudden, violent storm that did overflows the river at two points submerging much of the city with 2 feet of water and mud.
I have fortunately been saved from this tragedy but my friends do not.
I have so little time to test your code because I'm dedicating free time to help my friends who have lost almost everything.

We will then send the link of the Code and Manual and you hope you have the time that I lack to make a summary and tell me debug any errors or inaccuracies .

I am in the process of ordering one of the Brauduino kits from Lael and have been looking at the updated features on the ArdBir. What is involved in converting a Brauduino to an ArdBir? I haven't done anything with an Arduino before so if you could spell out the steps involved it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

xredwood said:
I am in the process of ordering one of the Brauduino kits from Lael and have been looking at the updated features on the ArdBir. What is involved in converting a Brauduino to an ArdBir? I haven't done anything with an Arduino before so if you could spell out the steps involved it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Just upload the code 5 posts above :)

Im having initial problems with my controller build. Assembled the controller pcb and attached the LCD and Andruino Uno. The Uno had the original mathos programming on it to begin with, but I cold not get the LCD to power on. The system was powered via USB on the Uno.

I programmed the ArBir in the Uno but had no change to the behavior. I don't have anything else than the Led's hooked up to the sheild. Is this a problem?

I can measure about 4.20v at the power input when the system has USB power.

lehtinel said:
Im having initial problems with my controller build. Assembled the controller pcb and attached the LCD and Andruino Uno. The Uno had the original mathos programming on it to begin with, but I cold not get the LCD to power on. The system was powered via USB on the Uno.

I programmed the ArBir in you the Uno but had no change to the behavior. I don't have anything else than the Led's hooked up to the sheild. Is this a problem?

I can measure about 4.20v at the power input when the system has USB power.
Have you tried turning the little trim pot with a screwdriver, it can have a big effect and maybe all that's wrong.

real_beer said:
Have you tried turning the little trim pot with a screwdriver, it can have a big effect and maybe all that's wrong.
That was it! Love the simple solution :super:

Onwards with the rest of the build.

Cheers!

Although I got the LCD working and the controls seem okay, I think my backlight in off for the LCD. It is very hard to read. Anything I need to change in the code to enable it? I run ArdBir now.

With the display I use (RGB) I had the same problem.
I solved by excluding the resistance on the circuit with a direct bridge as the display board had resistance on board.
I do not know if your case is similar to mine, you should understand that the display you are using.

Back