Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I removed the old pcb, which have been replaced.
PCBs with name Brauduino support the original firmware.

brauduino-lc.jpg

View attachment Brauduino.zip

View attachment Brauduino-OC.zip

Brauduino-OC-lc.jpg

notung said:
That was it, thanks for picking it up. I had the black wire & insulation (GND) wired into + and the red wire (VCC) connected to -. They were meant to be the other way round! Now hooked up correctly I get a temp reading of 85 degrees, which indicated sensor is connected but improperly wired up. Sounds like this may be due to me reversing the polarity and stuffing the ds18b20 device. I assume it's buggered. :blush:

I am using one of those probes and seem to have also reversed the polarity on mine. I've got a spare little ds18b20 from the braumiser kit. I'll try ripping/cutting the bricked one out from the probe and wire the replacement up. If that fails I'll just buy a replacement probe for ~$10.
Spare ds18b20 all wired in correctly now, just like in Matho's guide. It's been inserted into the temp probe.

Warren Bradford said:
It's on all the time. As soon as I power up the unit... Click and away it goes.
I have a similar issue but instead of the pump firing up straight away, for me it is the element. It is on from the moment power goes through the controller and won't stop after reaching temperature. It is on even when red heating LED is out. I am of course really happy to know the element works!

matho said:
it sounds like the transistor is around the wrong way, the original 2n2222a have different pin outs and have caused a few headaches. It is fairly tricky to remove the transistors without damaging the board, I smash the black part and remove one leg at a time. If you want to post it to me I can fix it for you, just PM me.

cheers steve
Could I have a similar transistor issue? Thanks everyone.

notung said:
Spare ds18b20 all wired in correctly now, just like in Matho's guide. It's been inserted into the temp probe.

I have a similar issue but instead of the pump firing up straight away, for me it is the element. It is on from the moment power goes through the controller and won't stop after reaching temperature. It is on even when red heating LED is out. I am of course really happy to know the element works!

Could I have a similar transistor issue? Thanks everyone.
Hey notung,

the transistors in the kit I sent you had the right pin out but it could be a dud one, I'll PM you about fixing the sheild.

I had a problem with a sheild the other day, the contrast pot was pushed down and the metal base was making contact with one of the legs causing the 5v to be shorted to earth. This fault fried the arduino's 5v reg but I put the chip into another board with a working 5v reg but some of the i/o's on the chip had low resistance to earth and the arduino didn't operate correctly so the chip is dead. The atmega seems to be a little bit sensitve to stuff like that.

Hi,

I am close to finishing my Braumeister clone, I only have electronics left.

50 l with same specs as the BM 20. Will post pictures soon.

I have tried to route a Brauduino pcb with my taig-cnc router. The double sided pcb is not suitable for my router because the leads are to small and it's hard to get the coordinates right when turning the pcb up side down. (I have already failed with 6 pcbs...)

The single sided birraduino is easier to route but I need a eagle-file or a gerberfile, a dwg file is also good.

I have not fully understood the diffrences between the birraduino and the brauduino (exept the SD-card) Can you please explain?

I already made a DWG-file of the last Birraduino bmp (imported to archicad and then traced all...) - can I still use that PCB when not using SD-card?
I also need to know the resistans of the R-BL when suply voltage is 12 v.

/ Johan

The Birraduino are designed to work in conjunction with the firmware written by Niki77 forum arduino. http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=176121.0

Currently the firmware is still in beta.
SVN reposiroty
user : guest
password : guest
http://niki77.dyndns.org/svn/BrauDuino_ITA/trunk/

In addition to all the features of brauduino has:
Loading and saving recipes in sd.
Saving log file in sd.
Import recipes from BrewPlus from PC serial port via the Gateway program.
Auxiliary output for future use.
New management with language definition files.
And more.328 allowing the flash is occupied 99%

The resistance R-BL, depends on the display should be calculated R-BL = (5v-backlight supply voltage) / Backlight current
Backlight supply voltage and current depend on the display.
Please note that the BirraDuino-AIO is powered by 5Vdc
Council to affect the Rev.2 even if it is not used the SD because the problem sil pin D10 also comes by not using the sd-card

hi all

I need help!

I want make a copy of "TheBraumiser" did for Matho but i'm not expert in electronics issues.
My question is, in the zip file added in the post are all documents to make it?
the program to save in the pic is totally funcional, is the final version.

I won't use arduino version because I have not experience before, and for that i prefer to make "the braumiser"

Anyway, please all informacion will be well recieved, I need the last version that are running properly

best regards

Finally I have done some more work on my controller and I managed to get it all lit up last night, I still have to mount my LEDs and put the sticker on the front and lots of other stuff but I was just stoked to see it working :D

I got the heater and pump outputs working in manual, I set the temp to 35 C and got it switching the heater output when I held the temp probe then cooled it down.

gallery_651_850_44611.jpg

gallery_651_850_42834.jpg

Thanks djar007.

I cant wait to get it completed! I have almost everything I need for the Braumiser as well, I just need to make some filter plates and I'll be laughing!

I went to a brew day up here and brewed a beer with my little 1V yesterday. The brewers loved matho's controller. Both the other brewers are seriously looking at long terms similar setups.

Damn you wort and your perfectly symmetrical buttons. Seriously, looks awesome man, good job. Can't wait to get mine going :)

joshF said:
Damn you wort and your perfectly symmetrical buttons. Seriously, looks awesome man, good job. Can't wait to get mine going :)
Haha thanks Josh!

Tho you will notice my cuts to make the screen hole leave a little to be desired! I'm hoping the sticker hides a bit of that ;)

seasickjohnny said:
I have tried to route a Brauduino pcb with my taig-cnc router. The double sided pcb is not suitable for my router because the leads are to small and it's hard to get the coordinates right when turning the pcb up side down. (I have already failed with 6 pcbs...)
Interesting work you've done

Places the cad files you've accomplished

I also have a CNC

You did a cad file or path gcode only x drilling?

I prefer to make having a cnc pcb etching
with at most only cnc cutting and drilling

brauduino.zip reworking is to have single sided pcb
controller brauduino classic

birraduino use the version 2 R2
is good for use with alternative firmware birraduino but is still in test

Hello, saviothecnic can tell me the value of these resistors.
greetings and thanks.
brauduinoitalyquasifini.jpg

Danielxan said:
As you read the color code, 0 ohm, are the bridges
Thank you very much, I just saw that you are the creator of this pcb.
Greetings.

So now that there is a fair number of brauduino's out there ( thanks lael) I would like brewers feed back on the code for the brauduino. If there is a common change requested then I might be able to improve it. I hope the controllers are going well.

cheers steve

matho said:
So now that there is a fair number of brauduino's out there ( thanks lael) I would like brewers feed back on the code for the brauduino. If there is a common change requested then I might be able to improve it. I hope the controllers are going well.

cheers steve
So Spain will get the braduino, and I've asked a kit to Lael and so kindly send me the hassle is having.

Thank you for your development matho and Share.
And Lael for making the effort to send it to me.
Greetings.

I fi d it is producing perfect brews for me every time. Had a fee dramas with the temp probe but it wasn't to do with the module or the code. Love the ease of programing for different mashes and hop additions. Would like the addition of pump on and off during auto mode just to cycle the grain bed a little more manually. I know I could just pause the mash. But the counter stops.

Back