Mashmaster Mini Mill With A Drill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirhendo

Reaction score
Hi All,

I used to have the big mashmaster mill back in the day and it needed a motor and pulley system to run it. I'm in the market for a new mill, can the Mashmaster mini mill be run with a drill?

If not, got any alternatives?

Just want to keep things nice and simple.

Cheers!

Hendo

Certainly can, no problem at all.

cheers Ross

Easily.

Its an awesome mill. I love how they call it a mini, when in fact its no smaller than a 2 roller monster mill or crank.

I run mine off an ozito spade handle drill. These drills are designed for mixing concrete. They have a stupid amount of torque which you wont stop, and the top speed is 550rpm. With the speed control, i find roughly five or six 'clicks' up from minimum gives me a great result. Approx. 200/250rpm at this setting.

Linky:

http://www.bunnings.com.au/products_produc...drill_1882.aspx

EDIT: just make sure that if you are gonna run it off a drill or motor, that whatever you use needs to be capable of handling a 13mm bit....(shaft size of that particular mill).

EDIT 2: with a gap setting of 1mm, that speed setting and a copper manifold im getting 83% efficiency regularly.

Awesome - thanks for the response guys.

Ross - I'll place my order very soon :)

Cheers!

Hendo

Its an awesome mill. I love how they call it a mini, when in fact its no smaller than a 2 roller monster mill or crank.

Yes, not the best name to have chosen, I'm sure it's cost Mashmaster a few sales - which is a shame as it really leaves the Monsters & Cranks in it's wake.

cheers Ross

maybe they were hoping to bring out a bigger version later ????

maybe they were hoping to bring out a bigger version later ????

They had a bigger version previously, hence the name. But I agree with Ross that, although it makes sense in comparison, from a marketing point of view is a pretty poor choice of name.

I used to have the bigger version - could not get it to work without spending $ on a motor/pulley system.

Glad I just bought the mini.

Cheers!

Hendo

Back