Mashmaster fluted mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koolkuna

Reaction score
Assembly my mill today ready for a brew day tomorrow. After attaching the Hopper and handle I quickly realized that that handle was handle was hitting the Hopper when cranking. Hmm please help.
Image%20(1).jpeg
Image%20(2).jpeg

You would think they have made enough mills to have that sort of bug ironed out. Which leaves two obvious possibilities: -
Is the hopper the same on both ends? can it be fitted if its rotated 180o.
Pretty much the same for the crank handle, is the arm square to the shaft, can the hand grip be fitted from the other side.

Otherwise is there any chance of bending the arm?, it looks like a casting so be very careful.
Mark

Assembly my mill today ready for a brew day tomorrow. After attaching the Hopper and handle I quickly realized that that handle was handle was hitting the Hopper when cranking.
I thought Mashmaster didn’t make a handle for their mills anymore. Don’t see it on their website either. Did that one come with your new mill or is it from an older model?

You could get yourself a coupling (spider coupling or similar) and fit it to the mill pin. Get a metal rod of similar diameter that fits the other side of the coupling and your handle and as long as it extends it far enough away from the hopper so you're not hitting your hand on it you should be good to go.

On their website they say that their mills are backwards compatible
Yes I read that also. “We have maintained backwards compatibility whenever we can to ensure parts and serviceability in the future".

A bit misleading but it looks like your mill is in fact backward compatible with the older handle but not backward compatible with the new hopper that is sold as a separate part.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm over it now Ozito is the one.
Be aware the Ozito comes in 2 flavours, $89 with paddle and a 14mm female thread on the drill for the paddle to screw into or $109 for the drill with a chuck but no paddle. depends if you think you might use it as a drill one day. I used a spider coupling and a 14mm bolt https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Shaft-C...=192507781281fb40fdd54755453e9e11eb94a197417a just measure your shaft and pick the correct size, mmmm that sounds a bit suss.
:fallingoffchair:

Latest posts

Back