Marking Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I write it down in my brain them promptly forget it. Bit of a guessing game over at my bar..."hey fella's $5 says this ones the pilsner"...

Post-It note covered with clear packing tape.

I write on some white gaffer tape with a perm marker and stick it on the plastic part - does the job nicely

I just use a post-it note.
Stuck to fermenter.
Moved to cube/secondary.
Stick to lid of keg.

Never lost a label yet.

Just make sure fermenter outside is dry.

Cheers FROGMAN.....

IMG_0522.JPG

Scrap white plastic & whiteboard marker.
Saving the world Rossco & Batz. ;)

TP :beer:

i used to use the Tags on a string..or a rubber band in my case.. which was great for moving from fermenter to Cube to keg..
Then i ran out and the kids lost all my rubber bands and i keep forgetting to buy more...

So for the moment i use the grey plastic duct tape looped through the handle and stuck back to itself.
which you can write on with a permenent marker and comes off with some good rubbing...

I will probably go back to the tags soon.. and leave the tape for marking kegs that are waiting for filtering.. :)

Sqyre...

I use large plastic suitcase tags.

Each one is numbered and the picnic taps have those small key tags on them with matching numbers. That way I know by looking at the picnic tap which keg I'm drinking from.

I suppose I could write what each one is in the inside of the freezer door (Its made from plastic whiteboard stuff) but I'm too lazy.

gary

My storage kegs are numbered but I use a paper tag and cable tie, because I know that the list with the numbers will get lost asap... ;)

My kegs for secondary (shortened uptakes) are just red paint-sprayed a little bit, so I can recognize them easily...

Alex

Latest posts

Back