Marking Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtrabyte

Reaction score
How or what method do you fellow brewers who keg, mark your kegs when you have 3 or more kegs filled with beer?

I use a whiteboard marker and write on the side of the keg. Come's off easy, but if your careful enough that wont be till you want it to. If you really didnt want it to come off you could use a permanent marker and just hit it with some metho when you need to change it.

Every fermenter has a peice of paper (about the size of a postit not, but they are useless as the sticky fails under use) taped to the side with style, date brewed, og and a brief description of recipe. This is then retaped to the keg with the kegging date.

The note is taped on the side close to the beer out post.

I use coloured cable ties. Easy to just cut them off afterwards then.

I often wonder what the world would be like without cable ties. B)

Warren -

I use a card tag (same size and weight as a b/card) with a hole and just cable tied or bit of wire thru the Keg handle hole.
I used to print out keg info on a sticker and stick it on the tag, now I just scribble on it.
When done just cut off.

- Luke

I use those little paper price tags with a string on them.
Just loop it around the lid handle,then I can see at a glance what they are inside my chest freezer.I no good writing on the side of the keg when it's in your freezer.
They cost around $3-$5.00 for a couple of hundred.

561962_price_tag_5B3_5D.jpg

Batz

I pull a loop of masking tape through the handle so it sticks to itself and write on that.

Rich

wite on them with black marker and then scrub it off when its empty

i use those little sticky rectangle labels made for envelopes

Kegs numbered 1-7 with permanent marker + etched with Dremel.
Whiteboard beside fridge with contents listed.
Magnetic labels under taps on fridge door.
Mark

i pour some beer out, have a taste and wonder how long it's been in the keg and which recipe tweak it was.
I really do need to start making kegs.

i use a chinagraph ( wax pencil) on mine and it works fine

use medical wrist tags

the plastic tag around the handle on each keg and a book full of tags ready to write on
and insert into the platic tags

we use them at work so there free

I write the brew name onto a round sticker (abour 15mm diameter) & bung it onto the lid of my no chill cube for each brews. This sticker gets transferred to the fermenter then the keg as it progresses through its life. Once the keg is emptied, the sticker gets peeled off and disposed.

I make my own tags out of the plastic from things like blister packs etc. Stick a label to these and write on with pencil. I then tie them to the keg handle.

Or if I can't find the labels, some sticky tape, and a permanent marker will suffice. Just rip the tape off and replace for the next brew.

I use those little paper price tags with a string on them.
Just loop it around the lid handle,then I can see at a glance what they are inside my chest freezer.I no good writing on the side of the keg when it's in your freezer.
They cost around $3-$5.00 for a couple of hundred.

View attachment 17184

Batz

Exactly what i use :)

Cheers Ross

Back