March Pumps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

technocat

Reaction score
Best price on a March Pumps ATM because of our soaring aussie dollar is from Moorebeer.com currently listed
March Pump 809HS 230V USD153.95 Shipping via USPS USD56.20 which is USD210.15 which equates to around AUD225.00 and 2.5% exchange fee. Process Pumps not interested in single sales quoting way outside of domestic retail prices probably because of the bulk buy proposal debacle.

:icon_cheers:

Im gunna roll my eyes at process pumps - and various other retailers/distrubutors who cry foul when people grey import yet arnt interested in servicing local consumers properly

I'm going to put my neck out there and support Process Pumps - they offer a great service that exceeds the initial purchase. I've been out there a couple of times to test/service my pump over the years, all without cost to me.

If you can get that level of service for the local community out of an O/S bulk buy I'll shut up, but until then I'm all for supporting local suppliers in general.

Andy

ive had great service from process pumps, the bloke there (forget his name at the mo') helped support a bulk buy on this board for marchies (i think from memory we got them for about $ 200.00 including plug and bracket)

I wouldn't go anywhere near Process Pumps again, after reading the bulk buy info on here a while back I decided to flick them an email and never got a response so I went elsewhere and couldn't have been happier. A nice email saying no sorry we don't do single items would have been suffice but to get nothing they go right down the bottom of my list of who to suggest.

From memory I got one from Beerbelly and the other Craftbrewer, both places I was very happy with especially Beerbelly since they are local.

There's no doubt in my mind if I had issue's with either of my pumps Beerbelly or Craftbrewer would be happy to assist which is a very good reason I keep going back to them.

I wouldn't go anywhere near Process Pumps again, after reading the bulk buy info on here a while back I decided to flick them an email and never got a response so I went elsewhere and couldn't have been happier. A nice email saying no sorry we don't do single items would have been suffice but to get nothing they go right down the bottom of my list of who to suggest.

From memory I got one from Beerbelly and the other Craftbrewer, both places I was very happy with especially Beerbelly since they are local.

There's no doubt in my mind if I had issue's with either of my pumps Beerbelly or Craftbrewer would be happy to assist which is a very good reason I keep going back to them.

I'm sure you're right about Beerbelly and Ross - I've certainly had nothing but good support from Ross...

And while I agree with you about the simplicity of mailing you a respectful response, I can imagine what's going on in their mind when members of the homebrewing community start sending them negative emails, despite them doing quite a bit early on to help make the march pumps available to us at a reduced price.

Hang on a sec here, Karl at process pumps is immensely helpful. These guys supply industry and are used dealing in large orders and projects. We are lucky that they even give us the time of day for these piddly little pumps. It may be big price to us, but they don't make much money off of them one at a time, especially considering time to supply us info, pack it, etc...

I suppose the number of times that I have been ignored by industrial suppliers, makes me realise how good they really are. I'm an industrial engineer and we specify products all the time in our design. Some suppliers find out that we are not the ones that actually purchase the parts (the fabricators do), and then they forget we exist.

Goodonya Karl, thanks for my 815 upgrade, it works a treat! :)

Cheers,

Rob

No problems with Process Pumps here.

Was involved in a bulk buy a couple of years back now and somehow got dropped off the list after my details were sent to them. I gave them a call because I hadn't heard anything and they told me that they'd lost my contact details. Thats why they couldn't call me.

Anyway, the pump prices had gone up by around $50 but they still sold me the pump at the original bulk buy price. The guy even hand delivered it to my home.

garyd

No problems with Process Pumps here.
Was involved in a bulk buy a couple of years back now and somehow got dropped off the list after my details were sent to them. I gave them a call because I hadn't heard anything and they told me that they'd lost my contact details. Thats why they couldn't call me.
Anyway, the pump prices had gone up by around $50 but they still sold me the pump at the original bulk buy price. The guy even hand delivered it to my home.
Tgaryd

This certainly is not the case now. Process pumps are obviously turning away sales from single buyers to satisfy retailers. My post was about pointing AHB members to a better deal which is definitely not in Australia nothing more nothing less. If Process Pumps lose out to competition overseas that's their loss, they are either not buying right or they are too hungry.

<_<

Hogwash, I just bought a $40 impeller from them, no troubles at all. In fact, he remembered my original purchase from over a year ago. You've just had a bad experience with him, but I don't think it's fair that he get this bad review. Anyway, you should be buying from one of our sponsors anyway. :D

We will always have higher prices than competition overseas, especially America where they have 15 times as many people and consequently 15 times as much buying power. This is why we have import tariffs etc., to keep our money in the country and not feeding someone else's kids. I'm with you, it's really, really frustrating. Recently, I tried to buy a flow meter from Oz, and they wanted 450 bucks, ended up sourcing the exact same flow meter from the UK at 140 bucks. That's not fair.

Cheers,
Rob

This certainly is not the case now. Process pumps are obviously turning away sales from single buyers to satisfy retailers. My post was about pointing AHB members to a better deal which is definitely not in Australia nothing more nothing less. If Process Pumps lose out to competition overseas that's their loss, they are either not buying right or they are too hungry.

<_<

Hogwash, I just bought a $40 impeller from them, no troubles at all. this bad review. Anyway, you should be buying from one of our sponsors anyway. :D
We will always have higher prices than competition overseas, especially America where they have 15 times as many people and consequently 15 times as much buying power. This is why we have import tariffs etc., to keep our money in the country and not feeding someone else's kids. I'm with you, it's really, really frustrating. Recently, I tried to buy a flow meter from Oz, and they wanted 450 bucks, ended up sourcing the exact same flow meter from the UK at 140 bucks. That's not fair.
Cheers,
Rob

I don't give a rats arse where you spend your money and I don't need to be told where to spend mine. Like most I buy with my hip pocket not through loyalties
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You have just contradicted you first statement. :rolleyes:

<_<

Gee wizz. Make a comment about good service for a change(which is hard to come by these days) and get your head bitten off !

As you indicated above 'to satisfy retailers'. Think about that. Maybe thats why they can't, or won't, sell direct anymore. Possibly some of the retailers have them over a barrel on this one.

As to the 'they are either not buying right or they are too hungry' There may be another middle man overseas somewhere who is taking his cut of the pie. Its very common to have distribution exclusivity agreements so someone may be the worldwide exclusive distributer. If you get a better price in the US then you may, in fact, be bypassing the worldwide distributer thus the cheaper price.

If you can get it cheaper the 'great' but you may not get warranty service from the aussie suppliers.

garyd

Ok you all have made your point. I am not really interested in supporting the local HBS with undying loyalty nor am I interested in middlemen, wheelers and dealers or anyone else in the supply chain. I am only interested in getting the best deal for a purchase that suits me. If anyone wants to make a meal out of my first post, be my guest as I don't have any further comment to make and have moved on.

Cheers
:beer:

Hrmm I think the issue with Process Pumps is not the ACTUAL customer service - as nearly any one who has had an ACTUAL dealing with them seesm to be happy.
I think the issue is Process Pumps email ettiquite is perhaps lacking. No response to several emails, delayed and often abrupt responses.
If you dont want the public to contact you via Email dont have an email address listed on your website. If you want to sort the wheat from the chaff serious people will always find the time to call if an email address isnt provided - BUT if an email address is provided you have to be willing to take the good with the bad and you have to respond in a timely and professional manner.
If you need to make email contact you can always call the office ask for the appropriate email address to send your enquiry and life goes on.

Spot on Komodo.

Another thing not mentioned is some local suppliers have sole supply rights inside of Australia, and O/S manufacturers will only distribute via them. Ran into this issue when building my RIMS and I found that a part I needed was incredibly expensive. Looked up the O/S price and it was a third of the local price. When I contacted the manufacturer trying to buy direct they said that they had an agreement with a local guy here and were not contractually allowed to circumvent the agreement. Turns out I was talking to one of the directors and when I told him how much the part was, he felt sorry for me and actually gave me the part free as a "sample" inc. shipping

It's all about the puppy dog eyes. :D

Sorry if I offended anyone with the hogwash comment, wasn't my intent, it's just fun to say..."Hogwash"

I think some people forget that just as you the consumer have the right to buy from whoever you wish, as a wholesaler, retailer, producer they also have the right sell to whomever they wish.

You can't expect every time the term "bulk buy" is mentioned wholesalers all bend over & drop their pants so you can get a great deal. I know of many industries particularly professional service industries where they would say they weren't interested.

There maybe many different reasons a wholesaler etc might not chose to be active in a retail market at the end of the day market forces tend to even things out.

This reminds me of a woman who approached us when she was on the brink of her second bankruptcy. She said "I saw this ad in the paper for a cheap accountant so I became one of his clients & now I'm in this mess". I wasted 10 mins trying to explain to this woman that she had received what she had paid for.

Cheers

Paul

Latest posts

Back