• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

March Pump Discussion Moved From Ebay Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, at 115V

edit: on closer inspection I see: "AUSTIN HOMEBREW SUPPLY IS AN AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTOR OF MARCH PUMPS.
Wholesale inquiries are welcome."

If they're an authorised distributor, they'd have no problem sourcing the 809-PL-HS-24VDC. Bulk shipping based on weight might work out, as well. Pity UPS ground is disco; we'd be at the mercy of USPS air.

In the end, if we each save $100.00 and there's 10 of us, that's a grand, plain and simple.

reVox

Howdy Yall,
Just a little linky that may effect an overseas purchase from an authorised March Dealer. See how you go but now you have some more info :)
Cheers
Doug

So we have 10 people on the list.

Looks like Process Pumps have offered bulk buy prices on individual purchases anyway.

And ordering from the U.S could be problematic with warranty issues etc.

So.... what does everyone think

Pok

Have you contacted Karl?

Is there any potential saving with a bulk buy through him?

Cheers

No reply as of yet. I have not called him. Only send a PM.

I sent "Austinhomebrew" in the states an email.... May aswell see what they can do.

But definitely like the idea of buying "locally"

Pok

Probably does not log in much as he does not make beer just sells pumps.

Unit 5, 385 Dorset Road
Boronia 3155
Victoria Australia
Telephone (03) 9762 9222
Facsimile (03) 9762 9233

Karl Koce - Technical Sales
[email protected]

Drove past @ 5:30 this morning on my way to work but it was a little quite .

I too like the idea of buying locally, but again if I can shave $100 by going elsewhere, you better bet I'm on it. $100 pays for a MonsterMill, for example :rolleyes:

Imagine if Karl did a deal where his distribution channels allowed him to offer:
Buy one March 809-PL-HS-24VDC and for a limited time receive:
a free MonsterMill, etc. etc.

Brewers here would be all over that. And that's, essentially what buying overseas will offer.

I have also emailed Austin Home Brewing and a local distributor of March Pumps in Golden, Colorado, where my U.S. contact is located. As I have information, I'll reply here. It's Sunday in the states so will likely be a day or two.

A BB via Karl, where he shaves another 10% (or more!) would be tempting and I'd imagine get some of us 'on the fencers' off the fence and pumping some liquids around.

I actually can't see anything like that happening, but perhaps I'm in a glass is half empty mood this Monday morning.

reVox

I'd be interested in a bulk buy, not sure if your looking at making it a vic only or if yuo guys would be willing to post up to sydney.

reVox,
I got in the march bulk buy that went down a couple of years ago.
Some time later I accidentally got wort into my pump motor (drinking brew day need I say more).
Took it down to Karl and the blokes working on the floor fixed it for free while I waited.

Just something to consider along with the import duty & freight from the U.S.

I'd be interested in a bulk buy, not sure if your looking at making it a vic only or if yuo guys would be willing to post up to sydney.

Well im in Pokolbin mate so not vic only!!

I'll add you to the list

1. Pokolbinguy
2. reVox
3. Kevnlis
4. Troydo (pending price)
5. citymorgue2
6. Reg (pending price)
7. WWWH (Pending Price)
8. Cortez The Killer (Price Pending)
9. FNQ Bunyip
10. Sinkas
11. OldBugman

reVox,
I got in the march bulk buy that went down a couple of years ago.
Some time later I accidentally got wort into my pump motor (drinking brew day need I say more).
Took it down to Karl and the blokes working on the floor fixed it for free while I waited.

Gotcha. Great point. Thank you.

I just recently got a couple of pumps off Karl. I got the 815 model, which is virtually the same as the 809, but flows an extra 7 L/min roughly. They are a little more expensive, (I paid $230+gst each, plus freight) but the extra $$ was worth the extra L/min for me. He may be able to offer this model too if you're interested. I've had no probs, delivery took longer than I thought, but he was bringing the 815's in from US which he did tell me may blow-out the delivery time. He did say that they stock the 809's locally (Melb). You're best bet is to give him a ring.
Cheers.

How fast does the 809 flow?

Cheers

I cant answer that question but I am told that too powerful a pump may compact the grainbed so much that you get stuck sparge .

My 809 strikes a nice balance , if you set up your pump to underlet the water into the mash , if it slows too much you can always pump in a litre of hot water to free up the grain bed .

I rarely get stuck sparge with the 809 sometimes it slows if I have crushed too fine with too much flour

Pumpy :)

809 flow rate is 21 litres/min , 815 is 28 litres/min

specs here

In my experience, the full flow rate is barely needed with the 809.

1. Pokolbinguy
2. reVox
3. Kevnlis
4. Troydo (pending price)
5. citymorgue2
6. Reg (pending price)
7. WWWH (Pending Price)
9. FNQ Bunyip
10. Sinkas
11. OldBugman
12. JoeG (for an 809)

I'm knocking up a fairly large set-up at the moment (200L kettle) but as Domonsura says, the 809 is probably plenty for most applications.

Just emailed Karl regarding this thread. Shall see what he comes back with.

The email said: (Spacing reduced to fit in thread neatly)

G'day Karl,
I sent you a PM via the Aussie Home Brewer Forum regarding a thread talking about trying to organising a bulk buy on March 809's.
The thread can be found at:
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...20&start=20
I was hoping you would be able to let us know if there will be any benefit in us placing an order for (currently looking at 10+) a number of units
Orders would be for:
March 809 HS PL with SS bracket and 3 pin plug.
Delivery to be worked out.
If you could get back to me either via email or on the forum I can pass on your words of wisdom and we can see where we can go from there.
Personally I like the idea of purchasing from a "local" (within Aus) distributor but as others have pointed out if there can be a big price saving that can buy alot of brew gear.
Anyway I shall leave it with you and if you wish to discuss further feel free to email me, contact via AHB or call me on 0415 494 653
Cheers, Brett

Pok

Ok so I got a reply from Austin Homebrew in the US.

While the price for the pump wasn't so bad (however they list the 115v model)..... and plug and bracket was extra, it was the shipping that made it hefty.

Based on 10 units shipped to Australia price would be $230 AUD each + plug + bracket...etc.etc.etc.

SO..

Seems it's not really worth it to order from the US.

On that,

As soon as Karl gets back to us. Should be today I assume. We can go from there.

Cheers, Brett

Reply From Karl:

Hi Brett,

Sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I've been tied up on
some other projects.

For a bulk buy of March pumps there is only a little I can do for you, but
it might make things a little easier.

We can drop the price down to $180.00 + GST per pump (down from $195.00 +
GST).

Are people interested in brackets and plugs, or just the pump on it's own?

I'll be away from work tomorrow (Wednesday) but feel free give me a call any
other day this week on (03) 9762 9222 if you would like to discuss further.

All the best.

Regards,

Karl Koce
Technical Sales

Process Pumps Pty. Ltd. Australia
P: +61 3 9762 9222 F: +61 3 9762 9233

I will let him know that brackets and plugs are on the agenda.

Once I have sorted out the nitty gritty we can place an order And work out postage. Shall we get Karl to send to a number of "central" locations? or send individually?

Cheers, Pok

well maybe we should post location?

1. Pokolbinguy
2. reVox
3. Kevnlis
4. Troydo (pending price) - Brisbane Qld
5. citymorgue2
6. Reg (pending price)
7. WWWH (Pending Price)
9. FNQ Bunyip
10. Sinkas