March Pump Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an FYI, most March pumps come like that because most of the time they're being hardwired into a unit. You can just buy a power cord and the little fittings at any hardware store or even Wal-Mart if you have those. The last time we did it in my office I bought a cord with the wires exposed on the opposite end. If you can't find that you can get an extension cord and cut off the non plug end and expose the wires.

The manufacturer doesn't do it and having a distributor like me would cost more than it's worth because my guys in the shop that do it charge for labor a flat rate by the hour. It should be pretty simple, there might be a wiring diagram on the motor. Just make sure you follow the 230 version.

If you didn't get a parts breakdown and info sheet and would like it just drop me a line and I'll email it to you.

Take Care,
Britni

When looking at the front of your power point, tha active is on the top left - BROWN WIRE.

The 3 pin plug should have instructions on the pack for lead length etc.

Anyone in Hobart? I will attach it for you free of charge, but most ppl know a local who is a sparkie

Usual electrician disclaimer

Also they don't fit them at the factory because there are so many different types of 240 and 115v plugs for every country.

The only critical wire to get right is the earth. The other two will work whichever way, it is just good practice to keep the active and neutral in the respective colours.

How long is the cord on the pump Johnno ?

No probs wiring on a plug. Got my electricians restricted cert many years ago with a really really strict tutor. I can still hear his voice everytime I wire up a plug :p

Doc

timmy said:
Also they don't fit them at the factory because there are so many different types of 240 and 115v plugs for every country.

The only critical wire to get right is the earth. The other two will work whichever way, it is just good practice to keep the active and neutral in the respective colours.
[post="80446"][/post]​

Thanks timmy,
I figured as much after having a bit of a look into it.
I should be able to do it.

Doc said:
How long is the cord on the pump Johnno ?

No probs wiring on a plug. Got my electricians restricted cert many years ago with a really really strict tutor. I can still hear his voice everytime I wire up a plug :p

Doc
[post="80447"][/post]​

Doc,
The cord is about 1 metre long.

johnno

johnno said:
Doc,
The cord is about 1 metre long.

johnno
[post="80448"][/post]​

Sweet. Cheers Johnno. A three pin plug will be all I need to wire it in to my power distribution command centre. Brilliant.

Doc

Anyone outside of Melb recieved their pump that has been posted by Process pumps ?
I'm all set to brew again this weekend (3rd in a row woohoooo). Will be stopping to get a three pin plug on the way home tonight too.

Doc

My Pump just arrived so yours should be there when you get home Doc!
Stoked! CHEERS JOHNNO!!

timmy said:
The only critical wire to get right is the earth. The other two will work whichever way,
[post="80446"][/post]​

Nice to have your pump rotate in the correct direction :huh:

Batz

Batz said:
timmy said:
The only critical wire to get right is the earth. The other two will work whichever way,
[post="80446"][/post]​

Batz
[post="81340"][/post]​

Will still rotate the same way. DC is the only one that changes direction. AC stays the same.

Hopsta said:
My Pump just arrived so yours should be there when you get home Doc!
Stoked! CHEERS JOHNNO!!
[post="81333"][/post]​

Yep, just had the word that the pump is at home.
Woohoooo. Brewing an American Brown this weekend to put it into action.

A big :chug: to you Johnno.

Beers,
Doc

Kramer said:
Will still rotate the same way. DC is the only one that changes direction. AC stays the same.
[post="81351"][/post]​

Being a mining guy Batz is thinking three phase AC in which case getting the phases switched will indeed spin the wrong way and cause the pump to still work but with very little pressure.

Ah yes very true GL.

But imagine a three phase march pump! :blink:

Firstly I am glad the pumps are finally starting to get to people.
I was getting a bit worried there.

Secondly. From what i can read from the posted comments it seems just the earth needs to be ok. Is that right?
I git a work colleauge to wire it up but he is not really a sparky, just knows how to do stuff like that.
I turned it on and it powered up ok but I have not tested it for flow yet.
Should do that tonight hopefully.

Batz said:
timmy said:
[post="80446"][/post]​

Batz
[post="81340"][/post]​

Kramer said:
Batz said:
timmy said:
[post="80446"][/post]​

Batz
[post="81340"][/post]​

[post="81351"][/post]​

Mine showed up yesterday. Many thanks for organising this Johnno. Really appreciated, happy pumping all (snigger snigger)

It has arrived...looks the goods...thanks again Johnno

How does the base palte fit?

Green Iguana said:

[post="81435"][/post]​

Yeh i was going to ask the same question? I've tried every which way... i think?

Hopsta said:
Green Iguana said:

[post="81435"][/post]​

Yeh i was going to ask the same question? I've tried every which way... i think?
[post="81448"][/post]​

Ahem,
I was hoping someone would work it out.
I will post a pic soon of how I think its supposed to go.
I thoght the bracket thing may be easier but I'm not too sure.

Latest posts

Back