March Pump 809 Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
whats the story with this we have to contact the pump place and arrange pickup and payment individually i take it ???

Yep. Did all mine via email. Paid on Friday, hope the pump arrives today or tomorrow before I go away for a week. We'll see I guess.

Postage was cheap too! Was going to pick mine up but worked out cheaper to get it sent to me.

yep rang karl last week and just hit him with the CC number. if your work use;s couriers pls barra just get him to send it via them and throw a label on at your end.

Hey bulkbuyers,

I've come to this very late....

But if anyone has decided not to go through with their pump purchase (in the wake of excess Christmas cheer) I'd happily snap it up.

Wifey saw me lifting/straining/swaying a kettle of steaming wort last night and immediately approved, miraculously, a pump purchase :p.

Cheers,
Nick.

mate i think a fair few have dropped off and not said anything. if no one voices up here i'd just ring karl, explain your story and im sure he may be able to help you out if you ask nice enough.

I'm still gonna grab mine when I get back from Holidays (second week of Jan). Believe a few people have decided against them, so you might be in luck!

Umm, anyone else in the 'top 15' miss out on their pump?

Mine hasn't arrived yet and when I rang on fri was told I had to wait till the next shipment came in which would mean the end of this week at the earliest.

i havent got mine yet and i was in the first 15 but having said that ive been slack and havent called up to pay/collect it ...gotta get on it soon ..

I've got mine and have used it a couple of times. But it's not doing me much good right now.

Took it off for a clean and inspection (I can't stop playing with new toys) and left it on the work bench. Then, tragically, it received a knock. It tumbled down onto the concrete and landed on the fittings attached to the output. The impact snapped off the threaded output part of the pump head.
There was very sad and solemn moment had in my garage right then. A little bit of my heart broke off with that thread.
I VERY carefully put the pump away after that.

There's an email in Karl's mailbox enquiring about a new head. I don't suppose anyone else has done this?

Cheers
Paul

Umm, anyone else in the 'top 15' miss out on their pump?

Mine hasn't arrived yet and when I rang on fri was told I had to wait till the next shipment came in which would mean the end of this week at the earliest.

i havent got mine yet and i was in the first 15 but having said that ive been slack and havent called up to pay/collect it ...gotta get on it soon ..

I am outside the 'Top 15' but decided to ring yesterday to enquire about the next shipment. I was told about a month. I have had myself removed from the list. I sourced one from another place for only a little bit more. They have one more in stock at $255 with a three pin plug if anyone is interested. $255 March Pump, and only $16 for freight to Darwin. Have to order today though as the people who run this particular place go on leave for about three weeks starting this arvo...

AND the next shipment will increase in price quite considerably I have been told.

Cheers,

TB

I've got mine and have used it a couple of times. But it's not doing me much good right now.

Took it off for a clean and inspection (I can't stop playing with new toys) and left it on the work bench. Then, tragically, it received a knock. It tumbled down onto the concrete and landed on the fittings attached to the output. The impact snapped off the threaded output part of the pump head.
There was very sad and solemn moment had in my garage right then. A little bit of my heart broke off with that thread.

There's an email in Karl's mailbox enquiring about a new head. I don't suppose anyone else has done this?

Cheers
Paul

I feel your pain. On my last brew day about 3 weeks ago I was cleaning up and the milk crate the pump was attached to toppled over and the one side of the head broke off.

In fact this is the second head I have stuffed. About 2 years ago I accidentally stripped the thread when working out my manifold design. I was using stainless BSP fittings but I believe the thread is NPT (there is a difference)....the moral of the story is use thread tape and don't try and get that extra quarter turn of tightness!! :( A quick call to Karl at Process Pumps and I was sorted with a new one. Looks like I'll be doing that again!! :rolleyes: I noticed that G&G have them listed on their website too.

So what am I going to do ...... mount the bloody pump on my brew stand like I was always meant too!

Pumps are in stock (just ordered mine now) and the price is still $249.50 for the bulk buy.

Mine turned up this morning, dispatch order got mixed up so took a while to get here. Hopefully get to brew using it before I go back to work.

Cheers
Paul

$88 for replacement head :eek:
All benefit of bulk buy now gone.

Be careful with your new toy.

Pumps are in stock (just ordered mine now) and the price is still $249.50 for the bulk buy.

A month... Don't know who I was talking to, but I know it wasn't Karl.

All good, mine should be here soon(ish). Damn Territory Time.

Got mine today. Now I just have to build a brew system around it :lol:

Thanks Karl B)

Bit late, but just ordered mine!

Karl was most helpful, and I'm looking forward to the package arriving soon!!

Cheers

i called in today at process pumps, and there are still pumps available at the BB price, a lot of people dropped off yada yada, I see another BB thread re. March pumps yet cant get my head around the difference between the "this one" and "that one", although that one doesnt have a price yet

I spoke to Karl today as well....he was the one that put me on to sera's bulk buy. He indicated that if we get the numbers then the price would be cheaper than 250 + GST.

I spoke to Karl today as well....he was the one that put me on to sera's bulk buy. He indicated that if we get the numbers then the price would be cheaper than 250 + GST.

So, if you can buy a pump at 250 off the street do it, why the need too BB? Under 250? penny pinching but good luck.

haysie.. beerbelly 809's are $290+

$299 at grain and grape...

where are you pulling 809's for $250?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back