Mangrove Pilsner query

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audard

Reaction score
G'day everyone!

Another newbie here, reporting in about my 2nd brew.
In fact i have a query regarding my 2nd brew which is a Mangrove Jack Pilsner.
I recently purchased a basic Mangrove homebrew starter kit and it came with a pilsener in the box.
I actually made a Coopers IPA with dark malt instead for my first brew and it was extremely good.

It has been over 3 weeks now since i bottled the pilsener and i decided to sample one to see how it was coming along.
Straight away i noticed a sweet mango scent followed with a mango flavour.
For this brew i did boil the extract for 20 mins and added in additional saaz hops.
After 20 mins i put the wort in the fermenter, added additional water to the 23L mark and pitched the yeast with the temp at 23c.
The receipe said to keep the brew no higher then 25 and now lower then 18.
It fermented for 8 days and i noticed that the airlock had become level and wasn't bubbling at all.
I took a gravity reading and another in 2 days and it was the same (1.003) to which i bottled.

My question is, has anyone else made this Mangrove brew before and i can tell me if they had same results.
I know this still has some time before i actually start drinking it (I reckon around the 6 week mark it should be good to have a crack at.)
My concern is that this brew pack had been sitting on the brewshop floor for who knows how long and was wondering if it was a bad batch to begin with or i should just chill and wait and see.

Latest posts

Back