Mangrove Jacks Munich Lager kit yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trustyrusty

Reaction score
Hi I just opened Mangrove Jacks Munich Lager and under lid is "premium yeast" ... Is this different to their normal kit yeast because I think they sell a premium kit yeast.....if it is I hear this is a good yeast and maybe worth keeping..? I have not done a lot of MJ so I am not sure if other kits just say 'yeast' on pack.

Anyone know?

No I believe that It is all the same. They may package more than one strain in the same package like coopers do. I think that the yeast is called workhorse

IMG_20180316_220109.jpg
IMG_20180316_220122.jpg

I have two packets, one from their brown ale and one from their belgian ale. I don't think that I would buy the yeast. I have these because I substituted with us05 and M41 respectively.

I was thinking of chucking them in a cheap and nasty brew. Curious what is the recommended fermentation temperature?

Same as I have .... on the can it says maintain between between 18 and 30 degrees (same for pitching yeast too)...

Same as I have .... on the can it says maintain between between 18 and 30 degrees (same for pitching yeast too)...
Thanks, I prefer to ferment on the cooler side so that's helpful info. I have a can of homebrand homebrew [emoji40] so there's nothing to lose

I could be wrong but these packets look identical to the Black Rock Kit Yeasts.

No MJ kit ...I had the same...maybe same supplier of yeast...both NZ brews?

No MJ kit ...I had the same...maybe same supplier of yeast...both NZ brews?
I know black rock is NZ and owned by lion and it seems like the default Web site for MJ is NZ I would be curious to know if lion owns mangrove jacks too

Latest posts

Back