• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Malts Australia Wide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batz said:
Stop this before someone goes to bed without thier supper :angry:

Batz
[post="102863"][/post]​

What's for dinner Jeff????

good to see perth is covered darren.later on in the year if/when the offer arises i will definetly add to the list to get it up to the 20 bag minimum.

cheers
big d
future sandperson

big d said:
good to see perth is covered darren.later on in the year if/when the offer arises i will definetly add to the list to get it up to the 20 bag minimum.

cheers
big d
future sandperson
[post="102880"][/post]​

At the risk of being dangerously off topic and undermining the original thread - there is a source of malt in Perth for the brands Darren is offering at similar or in some cases lower prices BigD. But if that source disappears, (he plans to open a brewery at some point) I would be the first to take a major share of a pallet coming this way. Like Darren I prefer QA controlled malt for input to the hard work I put into my beer.

thanks for the info gl.i will get more info from you at a later date for grain supplies in perth.

cheers
big d

Kai:

I will take 5 of whatever you decide to get, I'm not fussed. I can find a use for whatever I have.

Darren:

I will grab a bag of the pils malt and a bad of the light Munich. Thanks.

So, the SA caramel (crystal) rye bag is being split between me, Kai, Tangent and Aaron thus far? Do I have this right? If any other SA brewer wants 5kg of this grain from the sack, holler quickly - first come first served.

Kai, caramunich 11 is fine by me, but. I am with aaron, I'll take 5kg of whatever you end up getting.

Still in for a bag of golden promise, Darren.

awrabest, stu

caramunich II it is, then

brewday at darren's to divvy up the rye, i say :)

I can't believe I'm post this but ....

Is there enough interest from NSW to get a pallet load ? We'd need somewhere for it to be dropped off too as well.

Beers,
Doc

Kai said:
caramunich II it is, then

brewday at darren's to divvy up the rye, i say :)
[post="103053"][/post]​

sounds alright to me. If its hot bring your bathers

Doc said:

Is there enough interest from NSW to get a pallet load ? We'd need somewhere for it to be dropped off too as well.

Beers,
Doc
[post="103059"][/post]​

Doc,
Doesn't need to be a full pallet but it helps to reduce the freight costs (40 bags can go on a pallet). Minimum order is 10 bags though.

cheers
Darren

Can you please confirm again how many bags for free freight to NSW (Sydney) Darren ?

Beers,
Doc

Doc,
As far as I know there is no such thing as free freight unless you pick them up yourself.
Prices quoted are without freight. Would be best if you find your cheapest freight option.
Freight from Melb-Adl is about $130/pallet. I suspect you can get it cheaper from Melb-Syd for less

cheers
Darren

I should add if you organise a tonne of malt I am open to negotiation on the prices/bag (probably equals free freight)

I cant believe i am posting here as well doc. But i dont really have any specialty grains as yet. Only my 3 base malts, ale, pils and wheat. I could be convvinced to halve a bag of munich and vienna and a few kg's of each of the different crystals or whatever they are. I need to look into them a bit more as to uses, and results etc.

kai if neded ill be in the caramunich two but 2 kg is max for me i dont use a lot of crystal but im game to try the rye stu but need to do some research to see how much i need to use in a brew to see how much i would get

Doc said:

Beers,
Doc
[post="103059"][/post]​

Doc,

As I've been told Golden Promise is seasonal, I'd be keen to try some for a TTL clone.

Cheers.

I'm keen for some Marris Otter for some good English Bitters and Imperial Stouts.
Also keen on some Rye, but not sure many other Sydney brewers would be.
Don't know if we will make the tonne of malt required to make it financially justifiable :p

Doc

Hi Darren

Put me down for a bag each of:
Light Munich
Pils (plain - not the Bohemian)
Bairds Marris Otter
BB Ale

I'm after part bag amounts of the following as well:
Half bag Light Munich
10kg Melanoidin
10kg CaraPils
5kg CaraAroma
5kg CaraRed
5kg CaraAmber
5kg CaraMunich II

Obviously these will be dependent on others sharing a full bag so if anyone is interested post away.

Cheers & brewing, brewing, brewing!!
Steve

SteveSA said:
10kg Melanoidin
10kg CaraPils
5kg CaraAroma
5kg CaraRed
5kg CaraAmber
5kg CaraMunich II

[post="103182"][/post]​
I'm already in for some CaraRed and CaraMunich that Kai is organising but I would be interested in 5 of CaraAroma and CaraPils if we can get enough people interedted.

Latest posts

Back