Malcolm Roberts... oh my goodness gracious!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what if you claimed you could fly? Should I accept that without any supporting evidence?

Unfortunately Ken Ham is a very earnest evangelist.

Personally not looking to scoff. I'm fascinated by myth, culture, story, belief, philosophy and human psychology.
I have, however not found a religion in which I would willingly participate should convincing evidence of its particular deity be provided.

No one ever thinks of the kittens

Atheist_6a84e0_2075537.jpg

Liam_snorkel said:
what if you claimed you could fly? Should I accept that without any supporting evidence?
You'd be well within your rights to scoff and ask for supporting evidence, [particularly when the definitely proven gravity context is in play. Although I have been known to land with style.

manticle said:
Unfortu.ately Ken Ham is a very earnest evangelist.

Personally not looki g to scoff. I'm fascinated by myth, culture, story, belief, philosophy and human psychology.
I have, however not dound a religion in which I would willingly participate should convincing evidence of its particular deity be provided.
Me...I despise much about religion itself, a man-made construct which in many cases abuses the concepts preached by Christ. When He was here, He made a point of tearing the religious leaders of the day a new one.

manticle said:
I have, however not found a religion in which I would willingly participate should convincing evidence of its particular deity be provided.
Flying%2BSpaghetti%2BMonster%2BPasta%2BBowl.jpg

Liam_snorkel said:
Only if his horse is named Buraq.

Giddy up!

madpierre06 said:
You'd be well within your rights to scoff and ask for supporting evidence, [particularly when the definitely proven gravity context is in play. Although I have been known to land with style.

Me...I despise religion itself, a man-made construct abusing the concepts preached by Christ. When He was here, He made a point of tearing the religious leaders of the day a new one.
Forget the people involved - many of the fundamental principles specific to Christianity as outlined in its scriptures (most of which I have read) are anathema to my philosophy. If Christ really was the son of god and god is anything like his biblical description, I'd turn my back.

Can someone point me in the direction of the thread about overpaid train drivers. Im looking forward to reading that

madpierre06 said:
You didn't answer my question. You assumed that my evidence was around feelings and opinion, both things which I have little to no time for. To say that another's actual experience is not evidence is astounding. Apple lands on head, evidence of something.......
Your example of Newton demonstrates you have no understanding of evidence whatsoever. The apple was followed up by vast amounts of experimenral evidence. Faith stopped at the apple hitting the head.

Experience is not evidence. Why is that so hard for you to understand? You have an opinion without evidence to back it up. Opinions are like arseholes.

Professor Brian Cox summed it up very eloquently.

1470391640005.jpg

Danscraftbeer said:
Oh no. Its turning into a religious debate. Last time I saw that on a forum ended up the banning of the subject because of flame wars.
Agnostic is the only choice left I feel. On the fence not because of undecided but between two unprovable belief structures. Cant sign up for a belief structure either way. I think its evident that science cant disprove god. Just got to except that as a fact. God does exist. In peoples minds. How do you disprove that? Impossible.
So the definition of Atheist is to believe that God doesn't exist. Only arguments that could go to the end of time itself for that one.

ps. Good laughs from this thread.. :p
Atheism is a lack of belief, not a belief.

DrSmurto said:
Experience is not evidence. Why is that so hard for you to understand? You have an opinion without evidence to back it up. Opinions are like arseholes.

Professor Brian Cox summed it up very eloquently.
Seriously...experience is NOT evidence? So others who take the same stance as yourself who say that personal experience is the firmest point of evidence are wrong?

Regarding the bloke you quoted.....No opinions here, by the way. I've found throughg personal experience (evidence) that having an opinion can be very humbling so I try and leave it at the door...or take to case swaps when the footy season is on. And I'm always willing to be proven incorrect, I've grown sick of taking opinions out for a walk...they cause me more drama than I need. And you still didn't answer the question about your beer....which I was happy to try out.

lost at sea said:
Can someone point me in the direction of the thread about overpaid train drivers. Im looking forward to reading that
Meanders in and around many threads of late mate but most frequently appears in the Pauline on Q&A one, which of course has very little content about Pauline and Q&A :D

Liam_snorkel said:
I reckon If Donald Trump said that with great confidence and conviction to a crowd of supporters they would cheer and scream with ecstasy like they do with all his vomit.
Honestly, WTF? we are supposed to be evolving?
Also. Viral things are still always bad in my opinion. All things viral are bad. I'll be hard to being converted in that opinion either.

Hence the only decent exposure to the internet convo being a brewing forum? Ha!

madpierre06 said:
Seriously...experience is NOT evidence? So others who take the same stance as yourself who say that personal experience is the firmest point of evidence are wrong?

Regarding the bloke you quoted.....No opinions here, by the way. I've found throughg personal experience (evidence) that having an opinion can be very humbling so I try and leave it at the door...or take to case swaps when the footy season is on. And I'm always willing to be proven incorrect, I've grown sick of taking opinions out for a walk...they cause me more drama than I need. And you still didn't answer the question about your beer....which I was happy to try out.
I take it you've never studied science?

There is no evidence i make good beer, only opinion.

Liam_snorkel said:
anyone who's had a psychedelic experience would agree with this :)
No drugs involved here though mate. Just unadulterated reality. And a previously violent opposition to anything to do with God stuff, which was turned around due to personal experience coupled with a willingness to come to whatever point it landed....no preconceived ideas, just as it happened. It grew from there.

lost at sea said:
Just put WEAL in the search box near the top and sit back.... its a religious experience B)

DrSmurto said:
I take it you've never studied science?

There is no evidence i make good beer, only opinion.
Many blokes who make and rate quality, unique beers which are different from the bland which has become the norm rate your beers highly...that these beers are spoken of so highly and brewed so often (anecdotal, personal experience) is I think evidence of the quality of them. If they weren't any good....no one would speak of them.

madpierre06 said:
Many blokes who make and rate quality, unique beers which are different from the bland which has become the norm rate your beers highly...that these beers are spoken of so highly and brewed so often (anecdotal, personal experience) is I think evidence of the quality of them. If they weren't any good....no one would speak of them.
OMFG....a WW owner

Back