Malcolm Roberts... oh my goodness gracious!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would consider myself on the marxist side of politics but I don't mind peoples views for and against religion. They're fighting over make believe, like two bald men fighting over a comb. But when you disagree with the science of climate change and abuse your position of power by propagating nonsense to the people that are unable to filter out the bullshit. Scary stuff.

neal32 said:
I would consider myself on the marxist side of politics but I don't mind peoples views for and against religion. They're fighting over make believe, like two bald men fighting over a comb. But when you disagree with the science of climate change and abuse your position of power by propagating nonsense to the people that are unable to filter out the bullshit. Scary stuff.
AHB members seem to be a diverse group politically, a good thing. My impression of some US brew forums is that rightwingers, particularly gun nuts and right libertarians, predominate, or maybe they are just the most assertive voices.

neal32 said:
What if they both had beards....

madpierre06 said:
Seriously...experience is NOT evidence? So others who take the same stance as yourself who say that personal experience is the firmest point of evidence are wrong?

Regarding the bloke you quoted.....No opinions here, by the way. I've found throughg personal experience (evidence) that having an opinion can be very humbling so I try and leave it at the door...or take to case swaps when the footy season is on. And I'm always willing to be proven incorrect, I've grown sick of taking opinions out for a walk...they cause me more drama than I need. And you still didn't answer the question about your beer....which I was happy to try out.
That's not because people want to scoff, its because they don't know that you are not just making stuff up.
And when asked why you believe these things, the answer after side stepping and avoiding the question, is eventually something like, "Well, you've just gotta have faith."

Personal experiences are necessarily first person, for everyone else it's hearsay.

Faith is believing what you know aint so.

Ducatiboy stu said:
What if they both had beards....
Then I'd say that a comb is not a beard brush.
Beard_Brush.jpg

Honestly though, I feel we should draw a line between allowing people like Malcom (punctuation marks) Roberts to live in the community and making a mockery of democracy by voting him into office.
...or maybe that's how we give things a shake-up, Mr Trump?

Oh, and what's God got to do with it? Let's talk about the Illuminati!

Religion in general , and talking about Christianity specifically because it's the religion many of us know the most about , is logically inconsistent . I was bought up as a Catholic and attended a Catholic school . I asked many questions of the priests and brothers but was never given one single sane answer .

Brother Scott was my science teacher this particular year. One day, after Scotty had told the class that time and space had sprung into existence at the moment of The Big Bang, I enquired as to how God could have created the universe if there was no 'where' to do the creating and no time to create anything . And how could God even exist before the BB if the was indeed nowhere for him to exist . That last bit really gave him the shits and he proceeded to beat me with a meter rule. (He was also the principal , so there was no one to complain to).

Another question to the head priest was met with a similar , albeit somewhat less physically violent response . " But Father, if God knows all and created Lucifer , why would he have made him knowing he would be the arch-enemy of God and humanity , and furthermore why is there even a battle between God and Satan if God is all powerful?"

Seemed to me these were perfectly reasonable questions to ask people who should have known the answers . So , in those few years i realized I should think for myself and that any idea whose basis is bullshit should be treated with contempt . Thanks Christian Brothers for helping me become the Atheist I am today.

Having said that , I have friends that are Christians. At least they don't tend to explode unexpectedly .

Who sanitised the thread title? Must have been one of my mod brethren - it's a bit pants.

It's a forum for adults - surely we can accommodate the occasional rhetorical profanity.

You have no choice. Jewish cabal/bankers/illuminati/elite bloodlines/cia/nwo/secret government/DARPA/Bildeberg/UN/EU/white dracos/shapeshifting reptilians/satan downloading direct to your brain via pokemon go, yoga and the music you listen to.

manticle said:
You have no choice. Jewish cabal/bankers/illuminati/elite bloodlines/cia/white dracos/shapeshifting reptilians/satan downloading direct to your brain via pokemon go, yoga and the music you listen to.
That's just silly . It's the insectoid aliens who control all all those clowns . Phhht...thought everyone knew that. Hmm...or maybe ...it is those reptilian aliens using mind control on me to make me think it's the insectoids. Shit,shit...shit.

Dammit. Your one of them, aren't you? Now I've gone and exposed myself to your evil information gathering techniques.

manticle said:
You have no choice. Jewish cabal/bankers/illuminati/elite bloodlines/cia/nwo/secret government/DARPA/Bildeberg/UN/EU/white dracos/shapeshifting reptilians/satan downloading direct to your brain via pokemon go, yoga and the music you listen to.
Should I stop listening to music now, or is it too late?

We are all one of them to a greater or lesser extent until we can alter our vibrational resonance and exist temperaneously outside the controlled flat earth hologrammatic paradigm.

manticle said:
Who sanitised the thread title? Must have been one of my mod brethren - it's a bit pants.

It's a forum for adults - surely we can accommodate the occasional rhetorical profanity.
Aside from the sanitation, I am most offended by it now suggesting I might use the term 'feckity-feck.' It's the same anyway, just with different spelling, which is something I've never understood in the sanitation of the word '****'.

Btw. I wasn't entirely clear on what the policy was with regard to the word '****' being used on the board, so I did a search for the word '****' in the search field and it came up with a multitude of threads and posts which used the word '****'.

Obviously, I'll abide by changes made by mods and admins; you guys are the authorities with regard to the board and how it's run, but I'm a little puzzled as to the point of censoring it thus.

Back