Mac Users

• Thread starter die sudhausanlage
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

die sudhausanlage

Is there a promash or beersmith program available for mac.

I currently run a G5 with OSX

A quick use of the seach function threw up this topic

Should point you in the right direction.

Doc

ive got the latest version of beermeister off version tracker but havent used it yet

I've got an upgraded G4 running Panther 10.3.8 and qBrew while a bit less capable than ProMash works on my system. I use it occasionally. Mainly I use ProMash inside Virtual PC and (ugh!) Windows 98. All my recipes are my own henscratch or ProMash. Earlier tonight I butted heads with Jeffrey Donovan, the author of ProMash, on another forum over the fact that there is no Mac OSX version of his apparently world famous software. I'm waiting for DarWINE to come out so I can run it MICROSOFT-LESS. Here's to waiting...

Yes I cant wait. Mac are the far superior machine. A perfect world would have Jeffrey Donovan owning one too. How many viruses are written for mac agian? Six last I heard.

A guy on the Northern Brewer forum is attempting to clone ProMash for the Mac. OK, here is Mr. Donovan's response to some outcry by Mac users over both the lack of a Mac version and his trademark...

Jeffrey Donovan
On the Mac front, I fully understand the frustrations of not having a native application. Now, I do not want to get into this too deep here, there are still many issues we need to work out in terms of licensing, but we are working in a sligthly different way of bringing native ProMash compatibility to any platform (at least initially). The first and initial phase of this, which we should be making official within the next couple of months, is the ProMash SDK.

So, I'm gonna leave it at that for now (sorry I just can't get deeper yet). On a final note, I will say that yes, we are listening, we have heard your cries for native versions and we do not intend to ignore them.

Cheers!

- Jeff

So maybe there is hope on the horizon.

Hey are you on Ichat(aim) if so give us your chat nic and we will keep in touch that way

die sudhausanlage said:
Hey are you on Ichat(aim) if so give us your chat nic and we will keep in touch that way
[post="46107"][/post]​
Sorry, I'm not. I'll check in often though. If it's about Mac's and brewing, trust me I'll stay on top of it. I've been beating this drum for a couple of years now. I know Dunkel_Boy from another forum, if nothing else, he'll give me a head-butt if I'm caught dazing...

its good to see other mac users out there mate B) :chug:

Indeed! I'd be Microsoft-Free if it weren't for this obsession... err I mean, hobby. There seems to be more Mac users on this forum than others. Is that true? I assumed the PC ruled overseas too. Here's hoping the world will come to its senses. :D

here here down with the big giant

Doc said:
There is also SOSMan's Brewsta here
[post="46068"][/post]​
Oh yeah - I forgot about that one. It is currently broken on Mac and FreeBSD - it gets part way through painting the windows then dies in the arse. I have started working on an upgrade to wxpython 2.5 and when that is finished we might have something.

Brewsta currently works natively on Windows and Linux.

Back