Lpg @ Bunnings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WitWonder

Reaction score
Just an FYI - went to the local bunnings the other day to refill the gas bottle which had conveniently died during in the middle of a boil and discovered they have lowered the price on the refills. From memory it was $24 (as opposed to the $30 something I paid previously). Though, they do seem to be selling 8.5kg bottles these days, not 9kg....

Just an FYI - went to the local bunnings the other day to refill the gas bottle which had conveniently died during in the middle of a boil and discovered they have lowered the price on the refills. From memory it was $24 (as opposed to the $30 something I paid previously). Though, they do seem to be selling 8.5kg bottles these days, not 9kg....

Don't know if it helps you people in perth, but I got a 9kg bottle filled the other day for $15 from Rays Outdoors. Maybe just Geelong though.

Big thing here is shop around, the servo swap ones were discussed before and a lot of people found some of the smaller indpendent servo's cheaper.
My 9kg cylinder usually costs $19 (but I think that went up to about 21 now) at said servo.

Sh1t I'm paying $28 per a bad 8.5kg fill at bunnings in Melbourne.But I can judge a better fill by handling the cylinder now :eek:

They don't like it,but i'm the client :icon_cheers:

Thanks for the reminder. I need to refill my backup bottle , as primary bottle is running low.

Phoned my $20 refill shop, but they'll be closed by the time I can get there. Went to the next best place ($25 per refill), but when I got there they only were offering the ridiculously over-priced $35 swap bottles (you know the ones). Apparently, they only refill on week days (or is that weak days?).
Decided not to purchase there. So I figured, if I'm gonna get screwed, I'll give the money to the local petrol station. Support the locals, etc. Still cost $34.50 and I plan not to make a habit of that - as now they have my newish bottle, and who knows what I have. I know they're all tested and valid (*scoff).
Nasty business, effing rude prices, evil bastards, etc...

Les out

I find it is either the local camping shop or BCF that have the cheapest gas refills. The camping shop is usually the cheapest for me because they give a discount for defence people.

cheers

Browndog

BCF is advertising $10 refills for customers that make any instore purchase.
Any? I wonder if that includes a $2 pack of fish hooks?

Thanks for the reminder. I need to refill my backup bottle , as primary bottle is running low.

I feel your pain Les, I really do! But there is no point in having a backup bottle if it is empty when you need it if you get my drift? :icon_cheers:
$24 for 9.00Kg here at Kawana but a little cheaper a bit further afield.

TP

Man I hate this topic. $31 for a 8.5kg swap and go bottle or $33 for a supposed 9kg refill. No other choices here, take it or leave it. :angry:

Cheers
Gavo.

Man I hate this topic. $31 for a 8.5kg swap and go bottle or $33 for a supposed 9kg refill. No other choices here, take it or leave it. :angry:

Cheers
Gavo.

Electric Gavo !

cheers

Browndog

seeing this topic always gets me thinking about switching over to natural gas.

bcf's standard price is ~$20 which gives me 4-5 brews...

Electric Gavo !

I just love cooking with gas. I use electric for the HLT "bucket of death" with a tempmate, bloody brilliant. Gas for boiler.
Will just have to live with it. Nothing like getting the burner going, raw primal instinct. :lol:

Cheers
Gavo.

edit: 45kg bottle refill for the house costs $130 here.

Bunnings at Campbelltown have stopped filling the LPG bottles but the servo at Airds is still doling the 9kg bottles for $13.00 So long as you don't mind crossing the DMZ to get there.

Cheers, Hoges.

I feel your pain Les, I really do! But there is no point in having a backup bottle if it is empty when you need it if you get my drift? :icon_cheers:
$24 for 9.00Kg here at Kawana but a little cheaper a bit further afield.

TP
Absolutely, and that's why I bit the bullet and just forked over the money (to my chosen vendor).

I'll get the soon-to-be-emptied bottle refilled at a cheaper place during the week.

Thankyou for feeling my pain, too

paid $36 at a BP servo last night! booooooooooo!

Alot of places dont fill anymore and are swapping over to "Swap n Go" or similar, they probably dont want the liability that obviously goes with filling??

My BCF fills for about $19, it costs $34.50 for a swap and go, but as someone mentioned, just swap the bottle when it gets close to its expiry date and then get a good one again..

Latest posts

Back