Low Carb Not A Healthy Beer Option, Doctor Warns

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried one of those yesterday, fairly ordinary/terrible tasting beer - never drink one again

Who the **** thinks these things are actually "healthy"?

No one, that's who. Headline: Doctor Wants Name In Paper.

I think you will find ALOT of people think they are better for you...

Having spoken with the dietician I see, he confirmed this. And, as the Dr says, better to drink light, rather than Lo-Carb...

Who the **** thinks these things are actually "healthy"?

No one, that's who. Headline: Doctor Wants Name In Paper.

The same kinds of people who think diet soft drinks are healthy. Unfortunately it's not as rare as you'd like to think.

I can eat 6 dim sims with my double meat burger as long as I get a diest coke.

The same kinds of people who think diet soft drinks are healthy. Unfortunately it's not as rare as you'd like to think.

some people actually like diet coke!

I think its a well know fact that a diet coke cancels out a mars bar... ;)

The thing is though, low carb beers ARE healthier than regular ones, not by much but still healthier.

And 'diet' soft drinks contain almost no kj and from that perspective are far healthier than the sugar-packed regular ones.

Diet soft drinks are probably one of the healthiest (in terms of low energy) drinks you can actually get. More than fruit juice, more than milk, obviously not as much as water.

The thing is though, low carb beers ARE healthier than regular ones, not by much but still healthier.

And 'diet' soft drinks contain almost no kj and from that perspective are far healthier than the sugar-packed regular ones.

Diet soft drinks are probably one of the healthiest (in terms of low energy) drinks you can actually get. More than fruit juice, more than milk, obviously not as much as water.

Wow. Hook, line and sinker!

Do you sing along with the adverts as well? :p

Next thing you will be telling me that eating nutri-grain will turn me into a champion surf lifesaver.

EDIT - grammar

They may not contain masses of kilojoules but that doesn't make them healthy. Kilojoules are actually a necessity for life and balance one way or another does not equate to 'healthier'. There's so much more to consider.

Regardless of kilojoule levels I'd rather a fresh juice than a diet coke and I know which one my body would prefer too.

Both lo carb beers and diet artificially sweetened lolly water are a marketting gimmick.

Next thing you will be telling me that eating nutri-grain will turn me into a a champion surf lifesaver.

Only if you're a boy. Apparently girls don't need protein and carbohydrates in muscle use and development. It says so on the ad.

Have you noticed that NutriGrain is now advertised as being for boys? I thought that was politically incorrect, obviously that one has slipped under the radar of the Lesbian Separatist Feminist mob. Probably don't watch too much TV, spending most of their waking hours attending Pride related activities or workshopping male castration plans. bum beat me to it.

They may not contain masses of kilojoules but that doesn't make them healthy. Kilojoules are actually a necessity for life and balance one way or another does not equate to 'healthier'. There's so much more to consider.

Regardless of kilojoule levels I'd rather a fresh juice than a diet coke and I know which one my body would prefer too.

Both lo carb beers and diet artificially sweetened lolly water are a marketting gimmick.

The attitude above is no smarter than the fictitious example of someone thinking a diet coke will cancel out a mars bar. The funny thing is that one example is fictitious and the other isn't.

Have you noticed that NutriGrain is now advertised as being for boys? I thought that was politically incorrect, obviously that one has slipped under the radar of the Lesbian Separatist Feminist mob. Probably don't watch too much TV, spending most of their waking hours attending Pride related activities or workshopping male castration plans. bum beat me to it.

It's particularly funny considering that women are represented well in surf life saving. I'd understand if they were trying to make a Rugby League centric cereal or some other sport that literally has sweet f all female involvement.

Cereal advertising is a bit of a concern.

The other ad that annoys me is where they have someone ranting about feeding butter to your kids, how it's going to kill them because it's saturated animal fat, then the next ad is for Meadow Lea margarine (note that it is not called margarine any more, they are all called 'spreads'.

The human race has been eating saturated animal fats for several million years but cardiovascular disease only became a problem in the last 50 years when butter and other fats were replaced mostly by plant oils and margarines.
Here's a photo of my fridge.

They can go and root themselves with a greasy chip B)

dripping__Large_.jpg

Is that margarine or soft butter I spot in the back???

I prefer to simply eat/drink what I want, within moderate amounts, if I need to lose weight, I'll increase my daily level of exercise.

Umm... so where's the butter? Is it in that margarine container at the back there? :p

The human race has been eating saturated animal fats for several million years but cardiovascular disease only became a problem in the last 50 years when butter and other fats were replaced mostly by plant oils and margarines.

I'd be more inclined to blame the emergent sedentary society of that period rather than butter substitutes.

I must say that the greasy chip line got me all libidinous. Mrs Bum needs to watch out tonight.

Latest posts

Back