Looking for Citra based brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fendercaster

Reaction score
Hi all, as the title suggests im looking at some direction and a chat about a citra based beer. It is an expensive hop ATM but one id love to try. I scored a 100g bag and looking at doing a brew with it. Any suggestions as to style. Or maybe suggest a commercial one, one thats available here in Aus, to try.
I have heard about Zombie dust but that thing takes like 200g worth.
I have thought of putting it in my next ale which will be a Pacific Ale style beer with Galaxy. But would prefer not a blend this one around.
Cheers in advance. Always appreciate the input

Clean American pale ale base, clean bittering hop like Magnum for 30% ish of your target IBUs and the rest citra late saving at least 40g (for a 20L brew) for a dry hop.

I'm not suggesting a total recipe as I've no idea what method you use to brew (kit, extract, or all grain)

Blind Dog said:
Clean American pale ale base, clean bittering hop like Magnum for 30% ish of your target IBUs and the rest citra late saving at least 40g (for a 20L brew) for a dry hop.

I'm not suggesting a total recipe as I've no idea what method you use to brew (kit, extract, or all grain)
Haha fair enough. I do it all but all grain for the moment. Extract and partials/specials.
Im thinking a good dry hop for this one. Maybe even getting a keg ball. Dry hopping some then. But i think the dry will be a very late addition to my FV.

Latest posts

Back