Newbie / Morgans blue mountain lager experimentation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently picked up a Morgans starter kit and did my first brew yesterday, Coopers APA, Coopers BE2 with 12.5g galaxy hops boiled for 10 minutes, was thinking ill add 12.5g citra and 25g cascade as dry hops in a couple days for aromas, thoughts?

Also already thinking about what to do for my second brew, figured i may a well use the Morgans blue mountain lager and body blend that came with my starter kit rather than it going to waste.

Need some advice on what to do with the Morgans blue mountain lager and body blend, I not really a larger fan, much more of a pale ale/IPA/fruit flavoured beer. Any suggestions on how I can use the kit as a base to create a pale ale or IPA style beer?

Obviously only second brew so don't want to over complicate things but keen to do a bit of experimenting.

Cheers

I'd just stick with the Galaxy hops only and not add any more. Galaxy are quite strong in flavour, very nice though!
Try Hersbrukker hops with the Blue Mountain lager. They are nice with lagers.

Latest posts

Back