Looking for advice/gear: AG rig in Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about picking up a couple for my build, what exactly was wrong with them? Thin steel? Bad welds? Just looking for some feedback before I throw some cash at it. I've heard the handy imports ones are pretty awful so if that's an improvement on the wayfair ones... perhaps I need to reconsider.
I`m no expert on stainless steel pots but the first thing I noticed between the two was the weight. The 70 litre handy import (HI) pot weighed a lot more than the 150 litre Wayfair (I don't know the exact numbers because I didn't weigh them).

The HI pot also has a sandwich base but there are for and against arguments to both bases.

The Wayfair pot came with a large ding in the corner of the base which I couldn't imagine the HI pot getting too easily.

I cant comment on the welds of either pot because I didn't inspect either of them too closely for imperfections however nothing stood out.

In general the HI seems like it would have a lot greater life expectancy however both pot will get the job done. My advice is if you have the coin then go for a better quality pot.

TheWiggman said:
Check out 4:40 in this video. Shows a working method with a pickup and return. The whole video's pretty good actually, so SHINY.
http://youtu.be/RtRK8vQVcfM
Awesome Video! I just keep learning more haha, getting itchy to get my hands on something instead of designing though- hoping to order parts this weekend :)

I was wondering with this video. Does his combination of switches mean that you can't do multiple batches at the same time? I would think the main advantage of 3v is mashing a second time while boiling etc.

Possibly lael. My setup the boil is separated from the herms/mash so that once I have finished fly sparging I can then start mashing batch no.2 if I so pleased.

You may find his is the same, possibly...

Back