Looking For A Water Lab In Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eamonnfoley

Foleybraü
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a lab in Perth that will give an full analysis of tap water? I'm fully aware of my approx water profile (I use RO anyway), this is a different issue.

Cheers,

Foles.

Does anyone know of a lab in Perth that will give an full analysis of tap water? I'm fully aware of my approx water profile (I use RO anyway), this is a different issue.

Cheers,

Foles.

Try 'The Chemistry Centre' at Curtin. They do water and soil analysis. Cost for my soil analysis was $200, I assume water is similar depending on what you want analysed.

Link (but no phone number)

Yep, Chem Centre or ALS near the airport are the ones I use.

I asked the question at a pool shop the other day & he told me it's around $1000 because the tablets are $200 - $400 each. Dunno if he was feedin me BS though.

ouch :lol: - noticed people get it done in the US for a hell of a lot cheaper than that. What sort of info do they provide? Got an example you can PM me?

Mine was a soil sample, and I haven't got it back yet, but when I do I'll PM you a copy? Still, you probably want to know water, and they have different packages and prices depending on what you want to know. Give them a call and they'll be able to tell you a price if you want to know something specific.

The information you require should be readily available from Perth Watercorporation see attached Water Profile for Mt Yokine,
I presume one should be available for your area.

That's exactly the same as what I got by simply requesting it for my area (Hills). The problem is it is a range and not an actual figure so very vague..

I just found out I can get the basics done here at work in our lab. pH, Hardness, Conductivity & Metal Contamination (Not sure if it breaks it down). That should be enough to start with.

Cheers, Mat.

View attachment PM__3305474_v1_Hills_Direct_2010.PDF

Latest posts

Back