Looking For A Good Guiness Recipe...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roosiecharm

Reaction score
Hi guys...

Anyone have a good guiness recipe they could share? I've tried a few things in the past with my own experiments and nothing has come close...either the taste is way off or it's just not thick enough. Any suggestions?

Hi guys...

Anyone have a good guiness recipe they could share? I've tried a few things in the past with my own experiments and nothing has come close...either the taste is way off or it's just not thick enough. Any suggestions?

This is a recipe that i got from a brewing mag recently that has 250 recipes (clones) of commercial brews from around the world

GUINNESS DRAUGHT CLONE (19ltr batch)

2.3kg English 2-row pale ale malt
1.1kg flaked barley
0.45kg roasted barley (500L)
12 AAU EK Goldings (60min) (68g of 5% alpha acids
Wyeast 1084 (Irish Ale) or White Labs WLP004 (Irish Ale) (2litre yeast starter)

Mash at 66 deg for 60min

Can't vouch for how close it tastes to the real thing s i havn't made it yet but it is an idea.

Good luck! :icon_cheers:

I love the Guinness you get on tap in Ireland.
This is the recipe that I've been brewing for a while.

For a 40L batch, just halve the ingredient for 20L

5.7kg Tradition Ale
1.9kg Flaked Barley
0.76kg Roasted Barley
0.11kg Acid malt

60 min addition of hops to get 32 IBU
Fermentis S04 does just fine with this recipe.

Well having a search on the site is probably a good idea. Have u done that?

The thickness u refer to.... Are u talking about actual body or perceived body due to the nitrogen 'cellarmix' they use? I'm thinking it's probably the nitrogen, which u can't replicate unless u keg and have a cylinder of cellarmix.

There are plenty of threads on here re Guinness (correct spelling will help ur search) incl disc on how Guinness sours it beer

Latest posts

Back