LNP win in Tasmania

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
schrodinger said:
OK. But WTF does the incompetence and corruption have to do with the fact that they're left of centre?
Everyone knows that these days "leftist" is just code for "doesn't agree with me".

schrodinger said:
OK. But WTF does the incompetence and corruption have to do with the fact that they're left of centre? Nothing. Any group that stays in power for a long enough time eventually becomes wasteful, lazy and corrupt.

So your fallacy is transiting the black word 'corrupt' onto 'leftist'. And the reason you're doing it, irony of ironies, is that it props up your own sense of righteousness.
Referring to unions as corrupt, just seems to fit well, considering what we know.

And referring to Labor as incompetent seems like a perfect fit also.

Labor don't have to be in power for long to become wasteful, lazy and corrupt, it's genetic.

Black Devil Dog said:
Politicians don't have to be in power for long to become wasteful, lazy and corrupt, it's genetic.
FIFY.

Sinodinos... just sayin.

Hawk - right wing
Keating - right wing
Rudd - neither
Gillard - left, but put there by Shorten:
Shorten - right wing

federal labor party has been led, and dominated by the right for decades, not that I'm complaining, just pointing out the facts.

Black Devil Dog said:
Seems as though the righteous leftist fanboys are struggling with the reality that everyone except them knows that their leftist organisation, stuffed full of corrupt unionists and incompetent leftists has been booted up the arse.

This is the kind of comment I'd expect to read on Youtube.

I don't care which side of politics you're on - it just doesn't mean much. Fanboys? really? You'll be calling people fags next.

Less than two lines and you managed to use the same word three times. I believe you to be more intelligent than that.

Yep.. any minute he will slip in a reference to lates.... that always seems to follow whenever anyone starts throwing the leftist thing about ...

And yes. Both major parties at the moment are both what would traditionally be called "right wing" parties (somewhat to the right of Ghengis Kahn). Nothing much left of the left in the ALP these days. Even its left wing is pretty right wing.

There really is no difference between the two at all now. Their policies are essentially identical. They are both free market driven. Noting to distinguish them. That's why politics (ha they still call it politics) is just a slanging match to see who can smear the other enough to make them loose elections. Of course the media laps that shit up because they can fill their 24/7 news channels with insults and 10 second sound bites without having to do any real work or analysis.

I vote for a revolution... throw them both out and start from scratch.

Interesting to see a high profile Liberal Senator being called into ICAC.....

When one starts performing a political witch hunt....be carefull who gets caught up in the broom....

Black Devil Dog said:
Wall to wall state Liberal governments, if S.A goes well, plus federal Liberal Government.

You can cry into your beer as much as you like, but the people of this great democracy have been given the opportunity to speak and they said, Labor can take a ******* hike.

Get over it.
Well, that sounds like a coherent, unbiased argument and not alcohol-driven at all.

I feel that wall to wall Lib govt is just what the country deserves for allowing a small percentage of swinging voters to make the decisions. Not my choice, but whatever happens happens.

Neither side has a MANDATE, despite Mr Abbott's insistence that his team does. That's probably what upsets me most about him: His righteous insistence and moral indignation that Australia is not giving him a fair go, as he doesn't recognise that his mandate is only a few percent of swinging voters who, on this occasion were pissed off with Federal (and now state) Labor and decided to kick them in the nuts (vote them out).
Just a few voters, angry, indignant and mercurial.

I'll get over it if you deal with the inevitable backlash when interest rates scream upward and your "team" get their kick in the pants.

oh, sorry I forgot to use expletives. Damn!

I'm waiting for the "youse c***s are f***ed!!!1@" post. Isn't politics fun? :D

Oh hell no.

Not if we want any animals or fish left.You'll shoot and fish them all to extinction.

(joking....) But seriously this sort of instinctive reaction to parties is exactly what hold things back. Greens are all inner city hippies. Shooters are all redneck bogans, liberals are all for big business, labour are all corrupt unionists.

No... the current parties are hopelessly tainted by the current political process. Even my much loved greens (yes... you can tell can't you) have too much baggage to be a real force (in spite of the overwhelming excellence of their policies) as no "liberal" or "labour" voter would touch them. Even if their policies are better.

No. We need to throw them all away and start from scratch.

We need a conversation about values and the direction we want to take the country. Not slanging about politics.

In most western countries there is hardly any difference between left and right going back to the mid eighties. Nigel Farage seems to be doing a bit of damage to the 2 major parties in the U.K

Airgead said:
Not if we want any animals or fish left.You'll shoot and fish them all to extinction.
Typical fuking greeny :p

I dunno if you city folk ever get into the country much, but I can promise you one thing, Kangaroo's will NEVER be extinct, holy crap they are getting bad by the thousands around here. There is more roo's than bugs on my front window after driving to work of a morning :huh:

just need to adapt that super-trawler for land use and you could catch a whole mob in one pass :p

Liam_snorkel said:
just need to adapt that super-trawler for land use and you could catch a whole mob in one pass :p
Baaahahaha, true that.

OT - Do any of you eat Roo regulary, of have you ever at all? Most Coles and Woolies sell it now, and if you dont like the gamey taste (Like the steaks and sausages give), the marinated Roo Roasts are amazing and dont really have that gamey kick. Just saying, we should be eating more of it.

shaunous said:
Kangaroo's will NEVER be extinct, holy crap they are getting bad by the thousands around here
Best meat for sustainable farming in this country. Mind you I'd miss the Black Angus/Wagyu scotch fillet.

I love roo but the Mrs isn't keen, so I don't buy it as often as I'd like.

Back