Little Creatures Single Batch Ipa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I guess I alluding to the fact I didnt bother drinking the saranac IPA initially since the staff sellign it told me how dung punchy it was, I tried it and was quietly impressed, its also at firsesale prices aroudn town now too.

You shoudl try the mikkleeler single hop ipa's and also tyry and find original recipe rogue brutal bitter, which in my mind is a really good IPA, jsut cloned the son of a bitch last weekend

Cheap doesn't always mean bad.

I mean SNPA is cheap as chips in the states.

Well i had the Sarnac IPA lastnight. Im a big fan of the malt profile, well balanced against the hopping rate however the hops are a little one dimensional. maybe its freshness coming into play? i dont know. All i know is it need some complexity in the hop bill which it lacked.

Hey Guys,

For anyone in Perth:

1) today (Friday 23rd April) we are tapping two final kegs of IPA from 4pm to 6pm - all sales of this beer is going to a charity - Conservation Volunteers, specifically for their "wild futures" program. www.conservationvolunteers.com.au/wildfutures/

2) just saw one of our sales guys - there is something like 10 cartons of IPA at Sandringham Cellars on Great Eastern Highway in Belmont. He wasn't sure why, but there you go...... Standard sales prices I believe - single pint for $6.50, two for $11.00. Not sure of the carton price.

Cheers,

Alex

First bottle I had of this a friend brought over, and I reckon it was one of the tastiest beers I've ever had.

Next bottles I had were from some trendy bar across from the metro theatre on george st sydney...can't put my finger on it, but didnt really enjoy either anywhere near as much as the first (beat everything else they had to offer though, hence the 2 bottles :p)

Hey Guys,

For anyone in Perth:

1) today (Friday 23rd April) we are tapping two final kegs of IPA from 4pm to 6pm - all sales of this beer is going to a charity - Conservation Volunteers, specifically for their "wild futures" program. www.conservationvolunteers.com.au/wildfutures/

2) just saw one of our sales guys - there is something like 10 cartons of IPA at Sandringham Cellars on Great Eastern Highway in Belmont. He wasn't sure why, but there you go...... Standard sales prices I believe - single pint for $6.50, two for $11.00. Not sure of the carton price.

Cheers,

Alex

Any updates on that bottle Alex?

I just got the email that as of today its on at Story Bridge Hotel (Brisbane).

Only available in pint bottles. Didn't confirm the amount they had left. $55 for the carton.

Just back from the Mary Ellen nice to see 40 odd beers on tap in Newcastle, including the LA IPA, frankly it's boring, lacking body and hops, would barely make it into the IPA class in any comp.

Finished the night with a couple of Franziskaner wheats with a side of Chambord much nicer

Posting whilst Pi55ED

MHB

$55.00 a carton @ sandringham. Absolute bargain by my books! Appreciate the heads up Alex :p

I loved it. I managed to stop myself drinking the last bottle, which i'm going to save for my birthday. It's a shame they stopped making it. Although I'm hoping like heck this could have been a 'test the waters' beer. It would make my day if they added this beer to their regular line up.

Just back from the Mary Ellen nice to see 40 odd beers on tap in Newcastle, including the LA IPA, frankly it's boring, lacking body and hops, would barely make it into the IPA class in any comp.

Have to agree 100% with Mark -I found this hugely underwhelming - got a schooner at the Clarendon in Newcastle, served far too cold, no more than I expected, so bought a second schooner to sit and hopefully improve as I drank the first. No result. Perhaps the bottled version is tastier? Couldn't be bothered to give it a go to be fair.

$55 a carton for a decent brew is good - still can't go past the Monteiths Dopplebock Winter Ale at that price. Now looking forward to the Squires Malt Runner to compare, coming soon to the Northern Star Newcastle I understand ..... I digress.

Can you buy a decent IPA on tap anywhere in NSW??? (don't tell me about Squires brewhouse)

Hey Guys,

Nice to see this one still going..... and as much as we try, I know we can't be everything to everyone, but glad there are plenty of crew that have liked this one.

And to confirm, the next one is coming out in mid-June. Brown Ale (American style) with a focus on Australian hops. We are going to use new season Tasmanian Cascade, Tassie Hallertau, Victorian Galaxy and Victorian Topaz (early and late kettle, whirlpool and hopback) to balance out a menagerie of malts. It'll be the first time we have brewed using Topaz, which will be interesting - about 16%AA, but with good aroma too.... Diving in and doing 4 brews of this one (our biggest fermenter).... nothing like swimming in the deep end.... Brewing in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,

Alex

Hey Guys,

Nice to see this one still going..... and as much as we try, I know we can't be everything to everyone, but glad there are plenty of crew that have liked this one.

And to confirm, the next one is coming out in mid-June. Brown Ale (American style) with a focus on Australian hops. We are going to use new season Tasmanian Cascade, Tassie Hallertau, Victorian Galaxy and Victorian Topaz (early and late kettle, whirlpool and hopback) to balance out a menagerie of malts. It'll be the first time we have brewed using Topaz, which will be interesting - about 16%AA, but with good aroma too.... Diving in and doing 4 brews of this one (our biggest fermenter).... nothing like swimming in the deep end.... Brewing in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,

Alex

Sounds great, don't forget to send some to Tassie this time.

Yes, Tassie will be on the list! A little bit of IPA made it down there, but now sure how much. I used to work in Tassie, so always in the back of my mind.....

...I know we can't be everything to everyone...

Appreciate your posting to the board, Alex, a brewers insight to his art is always appreciated IMO... Also appreciate that you can't be everything to everyone and that you have to make a beer that will sell to the mass market. I tried your single batch IPA off tap here in Newcastle. I would rather drink it than XXXX Gold or Tooheys New any day, but to me it was just another 'safe' run of the mill IPA. I didn't even find it as ballsy as the LCPA used to be...

It would be great to see you guys take a chance on a small batch with the true craft beer lovers in mind and release it in a pub in Melbourne around the time of the ANHC or even send a couple of kegs to Harts for their Friday mystery bags, or the Platform Bar in Brissy etc etc... I know I speak purely from a selfish home brewer perspective, but you know, live to dream and all that...

great beer who cares if it aint quite and IPA, its better than a stale stubbie of $6.50 SNPA

You shoudl try the mikkleeler single hop ipa's and also tyry and find original recipe rogue brutal bitter, which in my mind is a really good IPA, jsut cloned the son of a bitch last weekend

Let us know how the brutal clone goes. I tried to do it a few years back, missed by a long shot but keen to try again. Super fantastic IPA, up there with my favs. Did they change the recipe?

Let us know how the brutal clone goes. I tried to do it a few years back, missed by a long shot but keen to try again. Super fantastic IPA, up there with my favs. Did they change the recipe?

they have changed the bittering I think to WIllamette,

mine, or at least my neighbour who brewed it, is 100% Crystal hops, just kegged it so will tap it at the end of the week,

AMerican Brown ale sounds great, hope its got some extra gravity points to begin with.

Back