Little Creatures Next Single Batch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is: The Quiet American

1. Style: Hybrid Ale A Hoppy Belgian
2. ABV: 7.2%
3. Malt Bill: Pale Ale Malt, Abbey Malt, CaraBeige, CaraAroma, MunichMalt and Belgian Candi Syrup.
4. Hops: A showcase of our new season US Cascade and Chinook
5. IBUs: 55IBU
6. Colour: 22EBC
7. Ferment: A warmer Belgian ferment to encourage the ester and higher alcohols to shine
8. Filtered: Filtered bright
9. Bottle conditioned: No
10. Pasteurised? Certainly not.
11. Anything else about the beer that makes it unique?
A very unique hybrid of Belgian Strong Ale think esters, spice (although no spices are added!!), higher alcohols (fusel oils), fruity, zesty converging with a big and loud American IPA think green, citrus, pine, resin, bitter, It presents with an orange hue, a nice tight white foam and a lively carbonation.
12. The beer in a nutshell:
A mash up of Belgian and American flavours and brewing styles, influenced by the quiet talents of the Trappist monk brewers while celebrating the loud and proud US IPAs through the use of the new season American hops in Best enjoyed in moderation.

OMG --- A Hoppy Belgian, noooooooo!

Cant wait for the posts to come................. Too Hoppy For a Belgian................... American Hops Just Out Of Place In A Belgian :lol:

Much akin to many of the posts re Mad Brewers Hoppy Hefe I'm expecting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally can't wait to try it!

Screwy

Here it is: The Quiet American

1. Style: Hybrid Ale A Hoppy Belgian
2. ABV: 7.2%
3. Malt Bill: Pale Ale Malt, Abbey Malt, CaraBeige, CaraAroma, MunichMalt and Belgian Candi Syrup.
4. Hops: A showcase of our new season US Cascade and Chinook
5. IBUs: 55IBU
6. Colour: 22EBC
7. Ferment: A warmer Belgian ferment to encourage the ester and higher alcohols to shine
8. Filtered: Filtered bright
9. Bottle conditioned: No
10. Pasteurised? Certainly not.
A very unique hybrid of Belgian Strong Ale think esters, spice (although no spices are added!!), higher alcohols (fusel oils), fruity, zesty converging with a big and loud American IPA think green, citrus, pine, resin, bitter, It presents with an orange hue, a nice tight white foam and a lively carbonation.
12. The beer in a nutshell:
A mash up of Belgian and American flavours and brewing styles, influenced by the quiet talents of the Trappist monk brewers while celebrating the loud and proud US IPA's through the use of the new season American hops in Best enjoyed in moderation.

OMG --- A Hoppy Belgian, noooooooo!

Cant wait for the posts to come................. Too Hoppy For a Belgian................... American Hops Just Out Of Place In A Belgian :lol:

Much akin to many of the posts re Mad Brewers Hoppy Hefe I'm expecting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally can't wait to try it!

Screwy

I am sure it will be a beer that I enjoy. And if it is in the same price range as their previous single batch releases, works out being a good value drop for a special batch (usually around $4.50, vs about 8-9 dollars for the Mad Brewers).

cant wait for this one, I reckon their Big Dippa was outstanding. Not bothered if it isn't true to style.... we all know the crew at LC likes to put a hop twist on everything. :icon_drool2:

Screwy, that sounds awesome!

I missed out on trying the big dipper but not this one.

A very unique hybrid of Belgian Strong Ale ... and loud American IPA
Wait, isn't this style pretty much insanely fashionable (outside of Australia) right now?

Hey Guys,

In case you are in Melbourne or Fremantle next Tuesday:

Cheers,

Alex

LC_Quiet_American.jpg

So Brewer's shout means I come to your dining hall in Brunswick st and you buy me a pint?

I'm in.

So Brewer's shout means I come to your dining hall in Brunswick st and you buy me a pint?

I'm in.
And they wouldn't even have to lend you ten pounds, and your mother wouldn't have to wake you early in the morning....

Straight from the cherub's mouth: (from facebook)
"Not too long now.. this heavily hopped Belgian Hybrid Ale should start hitting beer loving bottle shops and venues at the end of next week."

Woot

Last week, the end of next week is today. Went to DMs today, but it isn't even in their computer system yet. :(

Oh yeah. Who went to the Brewer's Shout? What's it like?

Last week, the end of next week is today. Went to DMs today, but it isn't even in their computer system yet. :(

They announced some stage after that they had got a bit ahead of themselves and there would be a delay of a couple of weeks before it hits stores.

Based on previous experience, DMs will be the last to know about the Quiet American. They don't seem to be able to manage new or limited run items too well. I remember there were problems with the Big Dipper - they had it in stock for a short time, but it was setup in a way that meant the product didnt get re-ordered even though space on the shelf had been allocated, and stock was available in their Brisbane warehouse.

Anyhow, my experience with the more recent Mad Brewers Hoppy Heff - various DM's had no idea what this was. Found it in stock at Choice Liquor. DM's got it through a few weeks later.

Make being a 'beer hunter' that just little bit more challanging.

They announced some stage after that they had got a bit ahead of themselves and there would be a delay of a couple of weeks before it hits stores.

Yeah, I had planned to head there today expecting it to be in. Checked my emails this morning so I was spewing but we went down anyway.

And to top it off, just as we are leaving the brewery they bring out a keg of Rogers' dry hopped with EKG, so I ask (probably looking like a little kid) "How long til you crack that, mate?"- "About half an hour"... I didn't cry, honest :(

Yeah, I had planned to head there today expecting it to be in. Checked my emails this morning so I was spewing but we went down anyway.

And to top it off, just as we are leaving the brewery they bring out a keg of Rogers' dry hopped with EKG, so I ask (probably looking like a little kid) "How long til you crack that, mate?"- "About half an hour"... I didn't cry, honest :(

This from FB
looks nice too

Rogers.jpg

Anybody know if the Quiet American is still on tap at the LC dining hall in Fitzroy?

Hi Aaron,

No it isn't.... but what is there is "The Little Rabbit" which is the Belgian Golden Ale that we brewed for the GABS. I had to stop last week and have me one of those.... I like it. Not sure how much is left, but will probably be on for another week or so prior to the next Single Batch coming on (I know it is done, but not sure when it is being released).

Cheers,

Alex

Yeah, they mentioned something on facebook and twitter the other day, mentioned some specialty grain (obvious I know). Follow them there!

Was just thinking the same thing this morning!

During Qld Beer Week there was a LC brew event where a brewer from LC came up to Archive and we did an experimental brew on a 3V setup. He said they were using this as a chance to test some ingredients for the next single batch, which included a grain bill I'd expect to see in an amber/brown ale and lots of the new Victoria's Secret hops.

So it may be leaning towards something rich and hoppy.

Back