Little Creatures Next Single Batch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I sit here drinking my last few Big Dippers, I've become a bit melancholy. This is really a great beer, even if it isn't quite up to the dictums of the style. It's almost a shame that it has to be a single batch. I'd absolutely buy this again if it was in the regular line up. The previous Brown Ale, too. In pints. I like pints.

The dipper and the brown are my two favourites from the single batch lineup.

I have one last bottle of DIPA cooling its heels in my fridge, just waiting for a lazy sunny day. Will have to share it with the better half though.

The dipper and the brown are my two favourites from the single batch lineup.

I have one last bottle of DIPA cooling its heels in my fridge, just waiting for a lazy sunny day. Will have to share it with the better half though.

I must agree that the DIPA and and Brown are also my favourites. I found 3 bottles of the Brown stashed away so might have to chill one down soon and see how it is now a year and a bit later.

I found 3 bottles of the Brown stashed away so might have to chill one down soon and see how it is now a year and a bit later.

Yeah, I tried this at Christmas as the brown was my favourite ... sadly it didn't age too well. Mine had been stored out of the fridge though and experienced some 30+ weather I guess, so hopefully yours have had a gentler maturation.

Sorry for my (very) delayed reply. I've been dicking around making beer, and trying to sell myself a 20l BM.

I will run a stock search on Monday for the LL B/D code and see if there is more positive stock on hand in NSW. I'll reply with any stock information in this thread.

Pretty late but thought id let perth people know. Had a big dipper on tap at the garden in leederville.

Oh man, its like an IPA without the bitterness. I personally thought it was great to have all the flavour without the bitterness when having a few.

Ive also noticed woolies online has cartons, 75 bucks though with delivery... not sure if its worth it? or a beermasons membership... mmmmmmmmm

I am hoping that the Big Dipper will become more than a one off. Is also the only IPA that I have seen, in a larger than stubbie sized bottle.

Ive also noticed woolies online has cartons, 75 bucks though with delivery... not sure if its worth it? or a beermasons membership... mmmmmmmmm

Tried to order a case last night - was supposed to be delivered this arvo - but I just got a "temporarily out of stock" notification.... and i'm very much doubting that the "temporary" part is true. :angry:

Tried to order a case last night - was supposed to be delivered this arvo - but I just got a "temporarily out of stock" notification.... and i'm very much doubting that the "temporary" part is true. :angry:

Typical for some of these places. You could try ordering through Dan Murphys - it was not coming up in their system but I put an order through for a carton, and it was supplied to them from their Brisbane warehouse (so they told me).

The item code they used was 691451, and for your comparison, the cost was 53.99 for a carton of 12.

I wouldnt mind another carton actually.

Do let us know how you go.

Jebus they must have big batches because it 'seems like' this single batch Big Dipper has been available all over the country for at least the last six months.
Great beer, not knocking it.

Jebus they must have big batches because it 'seems like' this single batch Big Dipper has been available all over the country for at least the last six months.
Great beer, not knocking it.

I only discovered these by chance, 2 bottles on the shelf - didnt realise they were special. Not even priced. Tried one a week later, and thought wow. Went back to purchase more, and the shelf was empty, and stayed that way. Thats when I put an order throught, thinking I had buckleys, but was lucky.

Typical for some of these places. You could try ordering through Dan Murphys - it was not coming up in their system but I put an order through for a carton, and it was supplied to them from their Brisbane warehouse (so they told me).

The item code they used was 691451, and for your comparison, the cost was 53.99 for a carton of 12.

I wouldnt mind another carton actually.

Do let us know how you go.

They needed to sun and heat condition the beer before it is ready to drink

I thought big dipper was novel and interesting, but I did buy an IPA with 7 hops in it for a bit more bitterness than i got. So I was a little bewildered, though it was a lunchtime session with lunch yet to be served.

Guys,

I was at the Little Creatures ('The Loft') last night. Next single batch is due to be released on Valentine's Day - Tart stawberry Cider. Following that I was informed that it may be a cloudy Belgium lager.

Whats the G.O. on ciders at the moment - its killing me!!!

MWS

It's to break us all in before we all start going nuts on sours.

:ph34r:

Actually, does anyone have a recipe for The Big Dipper?

Do.Not.Want.

Agreed...cider and a cloudy belg lager isn't of much interest. That has pretty much decided that when I'm next in Fremantle a trip to LC won't be necessary and I can hit the other locals places...limited opportunities

the brown was great, especially on tap, and I'll brew another at home soon, the Big dipper was tasty and certainly enjoyed. would brew one of those. the Marzen was a really good english bitter :unsure: the others I tried well made but lacking that little something that made me want more. I still want more of the Brown...

ciders.. pfft, had enough of hearing about them.

Do.Not.Want.
Seeing as it will be released on Valentine's Day, will probably be pink and is a cider it's not for us. Maybe the 'tart' is compensation. Honestly I'd try it if it wasn't ridiculously expensive.

I thought big dipper was novel and interesting, but I did buy an IPA with 7 hops in it for a bit more bitterness than i got. So I was a little bewildered, though it was a lunchtime session with lunch yet to be served.

I'm surprised with the emphasis on bitterness! A good IPA will have huge hop flavour and aroma. Thats the first priority. Dipper didnt have that for me.

Latest posts

Back