Little Creatures Next Single Batch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully I had a bad bottle. When I tried it I assumed it was crap because of lion Nathan takeover. My local will probably have it on tap soon so will try it again.

Hopefully I had a bad bottle. When I tried it I assumed it was crap because of lion Nathan takeover. My local will probably have it on tap soon so will try it again.
Don't think you did, I dearly wanted to like this as a I bought a carton. Unfortunately to me it's thin, very bitter, out of balance and lacking maltiness. Almost tastes of hot alcohol? Maybe it needs more lagering time and is too young? Although its been filtered so its locked in....

First post on previous page says southern saaz for bittering. I don't know what the Carlton draught taste is... Maybe iso hops?

Don't think you did, I dearly wanted to like this as a I bought a carton. Unfortunately to me it's thin, very bitter, out of balance and lacking maltiness. Almost tastes of hot alcohol? Maybe it needs more lagering time and is too young? Although its been filtered so its locked in....

I had that "feeling" when I first tried Day of the Long Shadow...was not a fan...but the second bottle (a few months later) wasn't bad at all

Weird :huh:

I got some yesterday.
I didn't mind it , very drinkable.
Worth $8 a bottle? Probably not.

I think i judged this beer too harshly. Having one tonight and its not too bad. Its decent enough. My palate must have been rubbish yesterday :huh: It tastes like the LC pils but with a schwarz like twang. Could be a bit maltier/richer though.

It's on tap ATM and there's is about 10 boxes of it for takeaway at archive in west end. ;)

Had one last night,dont think ill be rushing out to buy another for $10!

had some pints (off tap) again on saturday just to make sure, and I still thought it was delicious.

Latest posts

Back