Little Creatures Next Single Batch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went down tonight to try a couple. Plenty of malt sweetness coming through. I expected it to be more bitter, but really enjoyed the smoothness. This beer seems to be all about the malt. The hops, both aroma and bitterness take a backseat. Went back for a third one :chug:

So considering that there was still cartons of Brown Ale available when the stout was released, does this mean the next single batch is already in the pipeline? I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I just hope they don't do a lager.

Losses to filtration are natural and inevitable - the stout was just a little stickier/cloudier and thus lost a bit more during filtration. To a degree this is the bane of single batches - you never get a chance to "dial it in", and efficiciencies are compromised. Viva la difference I say, and I am stoked that that LC are brewing once-off's regularly and indefinately. I have enjoyed them all.

I found the oatmeal stout not very "stouty", but something that a dark ale (or lighter) person would drink.

I'd actually seriously consider making one like this - it wasn't packed with lots of flavour as much as I thought, but certainly a nice smooth beer, not bitter at all.

Again, I'm happy that they are doing lots of these batches. It makes a difference from the usual light coloured offerings they do and mixes and matches. I also like that they sent their brewers home (if you read the label) to home brew some and see what they got, so that encouragment of creativity is really commendable. They go from malt stirrers to actual brewers, that has got to feel good.

Now, they've got to set one up in Qld and I've got to get me a job there.

Proberly already posted here somewhere but this will be tapped at the wheaty 6pm tomorow.

A mate of mine talked to some of the guys at the brewery on the weekend, he reckons their next small batch will be an amber lager of sorts. He was right about the brown ale and the oatmeal stout so I've no reason to doubt his info.

A mate of mine talked to some of the guys at the brewery on the weekend, he reckons their next small batch will be an amber lager of sorts. He was right about the brown ale and the oatmeal stout so I've no reason to doubt his info.

Interesting. I have never really been a fan of lagers - but will be good to see what LC can pull off! I hope it is full of hop goodness and is not just another lager!

Hmm... maybe an Oktoberfest for October release?? that would be nice

off topic here, whats the deal with expiry dates on the LCPA bottles? are they actual best before dates?

off topic here, whats the deal with expiry dates on the LCPA bottles? are they actual best before dates?

No, not an actual expiry date or best befoe date.
It's just some ridiculous date which needs to be put on because of government regulation.

Just another example of the nanny state at work, wasting our tax payers' dollars, for no gain whatsoever, other than to make work for and keep the public service employed.

It's just some ridiculous date which needs to be put on because of government regulation.

Just another example of the nanny state at work, wasting our tax payers' dollars, for no gain whatsoever, other than to make work for and keep the public service employed.
Right, well glad that's all sorted out then ....

My sources suggest it is going to be an IPA available only on tap.....

right yeah fair enough, i asked because i had a sub-par pint of pale ale, and when i checked the expiry date it said '13 Mar 10'. kind of absurd that its been in the store for this long after expiry though

seeing as it is bottle conditioned, possible for the yeast to have died off and imparted off flavours?

right yeah fair enough, i asked because i had a sub-par pint of pale ale, and when i checked the expiry date it said '13 Mar 10'. kind of absurd that its been in the store for this long after expiry though

seeing as it is bottle conditioned, possible for the yeast to have died off and imparted off flavours?

It shouldn't be a problem unless its been stored poorly - I have had LCPA out of date. It certainly won't taste or smell as hoppy as fresh and may taste a bit thinner but still fine to drink, just don't expect anything special.

So any more rumours on the next batch!??

Latest posts

Back