Little Brew Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juicefreakz

Reaction score
Hey fella's, (and women i would hope)

Started a Brew the other day from Brewcraft which ismeant to taste like 'Little Creatures Pale Ale'.
Said to only fill fermenter to 20 litre mark.

Anyway, OG was 1.047.
Its day 10 and the reading is 1.016.
day 8 was reading 1.018
keeping it around 18-22 degrees.

Should i wait a few more for it to get lower, is it done? not sure. was thinking it could be naturally high because of the less amount of water. but would appreciate your advice!

thankyou!

Hey JF,

I did that kit as my second ever K&K - I started at 1046 and ended at 1012 - 12 days later!!

Don't stress bro, you have your temps right and another few days will only do it good! If you let it sit when finished you will get some yeast dropping out of suspension which will in turn clear your final product a little!... so unless you are in a panicking rush - sit on your hands!... It may well end up at 1016 but will still be a nice brew...

Relax and enjoy the game!

;)

Thanks Cocko, you've put my mind at ease.

I'm in no hurry so will leave it a few more days b4 bottling. Suprisingly enough, its my second ever K&K also! heh.

Can't wait to give the baby a taste!

All good mate, Take SG readings and make sure its done... I'm sure you will. 3 days at the same SG will be a certainty!!

At least 3 weeks in the bottle and you should have yourself a pretty tasty drop me tips!

Final thoughts; Work out your own recipes and you will find a better result than those kits and for half the price!!

Anyways, happy brewing!

Cocko

:icon_cheers:

if anyone wanted to know, ended up tasting lovely. was worth spending a few extra bucks on.

So what ingredients did you use for this recipe just out of interest?

Latest posts

Back