Lion introduces "Tap King" - party keg / growlers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Virtually give away the printer and make you pay through the nose for the ink.

Bribie G said:
Virtually give away the printer and make you pay through the nose for the ink.
I read on a tight ass website that you can refill the cartridge with your cum and ink mix. Your refill mileage may vary from s to xxl cartridge depending on other variables. Avoiding coffee helps true colours I think.

I was about to fill some kegs with hb but the bloke at the hb shop reckons that lion have modified their design to make it impossible to reuse the kegs.

Can anyone confirm that newly purchased kegs are different than the older ones?

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Apparently the internal design was recently modified so that the kegs can't be refilled. As I have only purchased and taken apart newly purchased kegs/growlers/big arse bottles I have nothing to compare to.

I was hoping someone who has experience with tapking could comment on the differences (if any) between old and new kegs.

Cube said:
I read on a tight ass website that you can refill the cartridge with your cum and ink mix. Your refill mileage may vary from s to xxl cartridge depending on other variables. Avoiding coffee helps true colours I think.
That's really interesting. Does it work best with or without a vasectomy?

Or maybe it's these people....
http://m.yp.com/cumming-ga/mip/cumming-printing-17687606?a_r=0.0&business_id=17687606&c22=5&distance=0.34&geo_locations=San%2520Francisco%252C%2520CA&impression_id=78bb2670-0464-0132-4793-00163ee01f0b&link_type_id=1600&partnerid=OM-00&search_act=%2Fsearch&search_location=Cumming%2CGA&search_term=printer+ink+refill+cartridges&syn_request_id=7628e861-2ba2-4277-b062-2931d07567d7&transaction_id=9a19c97d-c68a-4cd6-8acb-75102ebc1b5a

Barge, if they've changed the bottles around then you might have to go down the route of modifying the head unit, which is what I had done from the start. Still working well.

havent noticed any difference on the bottles and ive been pulling them apart for a while now

If anyone wants a real good look at Tapking stuff let me know. Lion is a client of mine and I work on the line.

When you bottle a batch of your homebrew into tap king bottles do you need to do anything special with the cap to avoid oxidation during storing before use? Arent there holes in it which need to be plugged? Or do you just reuse the cap as is?

Dazzbrew said:
When you bottle a batch of your homebrew into tap king bottles do you need to do anything special with the cap to avoid oxidation during storing before use? Arent there holes in it which need to be plugged? Or do you just reuse the cap as is?
Give it a good soak in sanitiser. If you're being particular about sanitation you should ensure the steriliser makes its way into the dip tube - and out again. When capped, you should also purge the dip tube by poking the beer port with something like a small screwdriver. This lets the air out of the tube and is what happens on the line itself after capping.

mattyg8 said:
Where can you get the 2mm triangle screw drivers from?
make your own from an old screw driver and a grinder once there out replace with Phillips head screws

a 1.5mm allen key will take them out though i don't recommend doing all the time. just man up and buy the screwdriver on ebay its 4 bucks delivered. its a ta driver your after.

woodynet said:
Mate ! this is exactly what I want to do, can you or do you have a link that steps through the process ! would be a great Saturday Afternoon project ! please point us in the right direction on where to get the stuff ! cheers
Woodynet, I got my sodastream adapter from craftbrewer.
Reg came from ebay, and the hose was just a reel of 6mm pvc hose from bunnings and you just need a hose clamp to fit round it.

http://www.tapkinghacked.info/ This link should help you get started.

Cheers

Thanks guys, a mate at work got a tk for father's day and has just brought me in some bottles. Now I just need to buy a head unit.

BWS Adamstown has head units for $16.50 at the moment, got one yesterday.

Here's my modded unit with a sodastream cylinder. Works well, high WAF and beats bottling 30 tallies. 20141107_213422-1-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back