Lillypilly Beer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadly

Reaction score
Hi
We have two giant Lillypilly trees in the backyard and from the fruit have made jelly and syrup topping for icecream.Does anyone know of or have a recipe for a drink made from the fruit,is it possible?

Ripped from here

http://www.jackiefrench.com/recipes3.html

Lillypilly Cordial

2 cups fruit
juice of 1 large lemon
2 cups water
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons tartaric acid

Stew fruit till soft. Push through a sieve. Replace liquid in pan; add sugar and lemon ; simmer 10 minutes. Take off heat; stir in tartaric acid. Bottle and seal at once. Keep for up to a month in a cool place. Discard if it bubbles, changes colour or grows anything odd.

Love disclaimer in the last line.

A lilly pilly beer would be interesting, but might the fruit be a bit to dainty for that? How about a melomel?

Thanks Linz,Ill give that a crack.Kai yeah I thought it might be a bit subtle for a beer but not being a mead or cider drinker I dont know the ins and outs of it,am I looking for a raspberry mead and just replacing with lillypilly SWMBO was hoping for something "sparkling"
Thanks for your help

Tried oztops yet? Good way to do a trial 1 l batch and have it sparkling within a week or so to see if its worth doing a full batch.

Update- picked a 15L bucket worth of fruit and boiled down to a sryup,added it to a half keg of soda water with some vodka.Its a dry drink quite nice and very pink,but with the amount of fruit need to do half a keg its too much effort for my liking.

I thought this thread looked familiar. I was just about to suggest a wheat beer too.

Back