Legal 50l Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galamus

Reaction score
Hi all,

i was wondering if there is a convenient place to get used 50l kegs (legal). I was interested in turning 3 of them into the various parts of an all grain setup hence they dont need to be in great condition etc. They seem to be a difficult thing to get hold of and those that come up on ebay are very expensive. I was wondering about interest into organising a bulk buy (though i wouldn't know where to start) or if anyone knows a cheap supply.

for the sake of not turning this thread into a flame war etc. please keep the topic to legal kegs only.

also if from experience i am going in a bad direction with a 3v setup made from old kegs please feel free to let me know

Thanks guys

the legal ones appear on ebay every so often.

80 ltr Stock Pots (Stainless $300 or Aluminium $170) are an option for kettle, 50ltr esky $80 as MLT, 40 ltr urn as HLT $270.

If you just starting I would suggest BIAB, a 40 ltr urn or stock pot, a bag and a masher.

Hi all,

i was wondering if there is a convenient place to get used 50l kegs (legal). I was interested in turning 3 of them into the various parts of an all grain setup hence they dont need to be in great condition etc. They seem to be a difficult thing to get hold of and those that come up on ebay are very expensive. I was wondering about interest into organising a bulk buy (though i wouldn't know where to start) or if anyone knows a cheap supply.

for the sake of not turning this thread into a flame war etc. please keep the topic to legal kegs only.

also if from experience i am going in a bad direction with a 3v setup made from old kegs please feel free to let me know

Thanks guys

http://www.kegking.com.au/Kegs.html

We have legal ones for $99.

Not on the site at this stage, so please call or drop us a line if interested.

Cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer...Affiliated to the hilt.

All CUB ones, as you probably know, are the property of CUB. The only way would be if someone could get em from overseas breweries. I spoke to my LHBS owner a while back and he said that (overseas) was the way to go, as they are legal as. The only problem is that I don't think they come up that often. He said he'd keep his eyes open for me, obviously he doesn't want to do anything wrong by selling CUB kegs.

I guess you kinda just have to be lucky, although buying one from a retailer for $99-150 may seem ok. I have seen them (legal) ones on ebay for around $50-60. Ebay seems to be coming down on illegal kegs being sold on their site, so anything that is listed should be legit... jut look for the pics and see if they have any CUB markings.

We have legal ones for $99.

Not on the site at this stage, so please call or drop us a line if interested.

Cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer...Affiliated to the hilt.

Hiya Ross

Do you have a good number (ie to satisfy AHB members :lol: :eek:) , and an ongoing supply - I've got to budget this in . . .. ???

ballpark for postage . . ..

Cheers
Bruce

Back