Left Overs?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchjazz

Reaction score
Morning!
Going to put a brew down today and im going through some left over ingrediance I have and wondering if anyone can tell me what they would make with what I have?
I extract brew and usally make a 42 liter batch. I also keg my beer and force carb. The euipment i use is a 50 ltr stainless kegg.

I have:

2 x coopers real ale
2 x coopers larger
Heaps of safale us-05 yeast
100g of amarillo hops
50g cluster hops
250g joe white crystal
250g joe white wheat
whirfloc

I have only just got beersmith and dont really know how to use it yet and I would like to put it down today. looking at beersmith it may take a little while to figure it out.

Your ideas will be appreciated.
:D

Id use all 4 kits and all the grain and well the hops to use would depend what you want to make. If you want a fake lager like xxxx use the cluster late or if you want a APA kind of beer use the amarillo late maybe all the cluster @ 10mins or use about 2g/lt of the amarillo at about 10 mins and dry hop the rest

Id use all 4 kits and all the grain and well the hops to use would depend what you want to make. If you want a fake lager like xxxx use the cluster late or if you want a APA kind of beer use the amarillo late maybe all the cluster @ 10mins or use about 2g/lt of the amarillo at about 10 mins and dry hop the rest

What volume would you use for the boil? And would this be ok for a 42 liter batch?

I would prob mash the grains with 2.5lts of water and use that to boil the hops in no need to boil the kits, try boil it for at least 30 mins so you may have to sparge the grain with 1lt of water and add that to the boil and boil off that one lt then add the hops Id use 70g @10min for the amarillo and dry hop the rest this be a good APA

roughly OG 1050 and 40IBU should be alright

I would prob mash the grains with 2.5lts of water and use that to boil the hops in no need to boil the kits, try boil it for at least 30 mins so you may have to sparge the grain with 1lt of water and add that to the boil and boil off that one lt then add the hops Id use 70g @10min for the amarillo and dry hop the rest this be a good APA

And then fill to 42 liters?

yeah maybe boil the kettle and put some more hot water in the fermenter so you can dissolve the kits. Try to dissolve them in the mash liquid first if you can so when you remove it from the heat put into the fermenter and then add the kits into the hot liquid and top up to 42lts.

so bring to boil and add 70g of amarillo for 10 mins then dry hop the rest. Including the Cluster?

kelbygreen,

What is your method you use to dry hop, i have read a few differnet ways and have never done it myself.. I'll give it a crack though.

no leave the cluster out of this one. Well if I order from the shop it comes in a tea bag thing but if I use hops I got I just throw them straight in. wait till the brews about 3/4 the way threw and then throw them in or just do it once its finished fermenting

nop it will settle with the yeast. I used to just tip all the hops from the boil into my brews but now with AG they all collect in the trub in the kettle

Excellent! Got me plan no its time to put it down. Cheers for your help Kelbygreen!!! It appreciated ill let ya know who it all goes.. Thanks again!

no worries hope it comes out good to I never used 2 cans in a beer but heaps have had good reports about it, so I cant see why you cant put 4 in a double haha.

Back